Hoping for 11's

NUFSAID

What kind of times or hp should I expect with this combo?

k&n filter, maf pipe,TA49(pte .63housing), JJ modified T/B & plenum, vigilante converter(3000 stall), modified trans, 009's, fresh valve springs,r/a 93 and 108 chips, high volume fuel pump(hot wired), 3" thdp, test pipe, cat back. The car has 40k miles but the motor was gone through 5k miles ago...head gasket :eek: don't ask.

JUST WONDERING WHAT TO EXPECT?

Question really is what tires,what boost,what octane gas?

Julio

as above BUT what scan tools are you going to be using?? With a scanmaster 2 and a translator plus, I went from a 13.20 @ 108 to a 11.30 @ 118 tuning on the fuel side only. Get it tunned out and you may be suprised what it runs. But just bolt on speed parts and then go run it...you will be very disapointed. I was

HTH: Jason

I do have a scanmaster and I also have access to a Labtop. I will mostly be running 93 or 94 octane with some xylene or the occational straight race fuel of 110+ to run 20-23psi. Tires are regular radials for now but as long as my mph is increasing I know I am making more power.

I would like to be able to run low 12's or better on street tires.

I have a similar combo and let me tell you they are right when they say it's really the tune of the car. I have TA49, 009's, THDP w/cut-out, cat-back (although you won't need it with the cut-out), Precision converter 2800 stall, hot wire, and new cam. On pump gas and really bald GSC's I ran a 12.98, but it's really the tune and can you put that tune to the ground. I think you've got enough there for mid-low 12's on street tires, but it's got to be in good tune (mine isn't)

Ken TTA#1426

I run Nitto Drags as street tires and do low 12's on the stock stuff.

But with regular radials....forget about it.You'll have to trap over 120 and hope you dont overboost from spinning tires.

And last but not least..seat time.. is the key.With a 1.6xx foot and 112-114 mph you should be able to hit high 11's.

Julio

But that 1.6 sixty takes a lot of practice.

See ya at the track

I know all about the need for these cars to be tuned correctly. I was able to run a 12.60 at 108 with street tires, stock converter, injectors, downpipe and no hot wire. But like you said, its all in the tuning.

Originally posted by NUFSAID
I know all about the need for these cars to be tuned correctly. I was able to run a 12.60 at 108 with street tires, stock converter, injectors, downpipe and no hot wire. But like you said, its all in the tuning.

Mine went 11.82@114.88 with exact same setup as yours. I was running Nittos on it though :D

I will definately contact you about tuning my combo when I get my car back. There is a friends of the family who has a GTS viper and there are a couple of ls1 vettes. The vettes I can already handle but my eyes are set on the viper. I want him to have to actually work to be able to beat me.