Hooker exhaust ?

gn79

I have just put on my hooker cat back system. I cannot belive how quiet it readly is. I had a 2 1/4 system with flowmasters on it before and it was not to loud, but you could hear the muffers. now the hooker is quiet over the flowmasters. Is this what it is suppose to be or do I have a problem. You can hear the hooker and when I give it gas it hears,but not to loud. Can someone tell me if that is normal and I have a test pipe and 2.5 dp. I can hear the turbo spool up everytime.

I have the Hooker catback on my 86 GN.It is pretty quiet,I like it .I can get after it in town without attracting too much attention.Except for the squealing tires.:eek:The exhaust on my other GN is much louder.

I like it, looks nice and it's CHEAP. My car likes it too. I ran a 10.36 through the Hooker dual 2-½ this past fall. I would say it flows adequate. Uncorked, it went 10.25.

I dont know how long you have had it in, but I recall mine getting louder after about a week on the car...not too loud, just louder then when it was installed....

mine does have a resonant (sp) drone between 60-80 mph...not sure why..unless the lengths of the tubes causes that....

I like it on my car. Have a drone around 40-45 but other than that, she is in stealth mode!