Home security system

TR87386

Anyone have a good experience with one of the DVR style home security video systems out there. Have had a few minor issues with the punks in my neighborhood and have been considering purchasing one of the systems that are out there. Been looking on amazon and reading reviews etc, I'm just not super tech savvy. I can't spend 500$ on one of these but if I could get something dependable/easy to set up with like 4 cameras for around 200$ I would bit the bullet and do it. It would be for outdoor use only. There are quite a few lower end systems that fit that budget out there but some of the reviews are a little discouraging. Any real world experinces you could share?? Thanks Guys

I installed a cheap zmodo system and so far so good. A little tricky to get everything to work... like mobile viewing, and a few features flat out don't work right, but overall worth the price for piece of mind. Don't count on the video to be super high quality especially at night. Reading license plates or recognizing faces definitively isn't possible unless they are only a few feet away.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I suggest getting at least a 8 camera system. Better to have to many than wish you had gotten more and the price should not be much more.

I do this for a living , all I can tell you the cheap stuff is junk. It's good for someone who wants something, but these systems offer the lowest resolution minimum storage, inadequate power supply.
Hardest part on these systems are to get them to work
If you don't have the funds buy something at that price point it's all the same stuff
A real system your probably about 2500 in parts commercial grade high resolution good storage day night and most importantly the phone app that works flawlessly and can be zoomed in and out

I am also in the business....
If you only have $200.00 to spend, buy a dog.
I just priced a system to a cop who is a very good friend of mine with 3 HD cameras, 16 port hybrid DVR and wiring for the cameras. My parts and labor for the wiring in an old house was only $300.00 due to being a long time friend. The total for the setup was $2800.00

The consumer quality stuff out there is a complete waste of money and provides a false sense of security.

Bryan

Good info guys, thank you for sharing. This is sort of what I assumed after reading tons of reviews on this stuff. If I am going to through the trouble of running all the wiring and setting the thing up it had better work! Glad I asked the question. You guys are the best!