Home Audio.....Analog tube amp....turntables....Step inside!

I love the classic home audio. My friend's dad still has the Marantz receiver he had in college. McIntosh very reputable indeed. An Audi enthusiast I know of ripped out the Bose stuff and installed quality McIntosh amplifiers. A good friend of my worked for klipsch in Indianapolis. He got quite the deal on some excellent Brazilian wood cabinet audiophile speakers. Shame even the top of the line from 91 Pioneer receiver he has probably doesn't do them justice.... I have to ask what those mc10 turntables went for?
Maglev seems like a no brainer for precision.

I used to have a Kenwood equalizer with reverb that was really cool. Ill probably not find another one.

MT-10 turntable is around $10k

The Cartridge and entire turntable is made by ClearAudio in Germany.

Comes with Moving-Coil cartridge.

* You need a special pre-amp to handle the Moving Coil.

Replacement cartridge is $3500 retail! Yikes! So, be careful with it.

You can ask for a little less, and maybe get it?

(from wiki)..........

Choose between a "moving magnet" and a "moving coil" cartridge. All modern phono-cartridges are magnetic - they consist of a magnet and a small metal coil that move in relation to each other to produce an electrical signal.
  • The most common design is called a moving magnet cartridge - the magnet is allowed to move while the coil is fixed. This type of cartridge is available from low-end models to very high-end ones.
  • Moving coil cartridges (where the magnet is fixed and the coil moves) are preferred by some audio enthusiasts, purportedly for their superior sound. These cartridges are typically only available in very high-end, expensive models. To use a moving coil cartridge, your amplifier must have a separate input labeled "MC" or you must purchase a separate step-up transformer (or circuit) made specifically for this purpose.

Last edited:
I used to have a Kenwood equalizer with reverb that was really cool. Ill probably not find another one.

Meh.....here ya go. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kenwood-GE-1100-/161704427316?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a655bf34

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kenwood-GE-...061?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cfaa355ad

Try to stay away from mechanical slide eq.

They only add distortion and noise. (Snap, Crackle, POP!)

Especially when they are older units.

I'll pass on that.

34qo9qf.jpg

Horn_speakers_in_France.jpeg

e78c99fab6f4e9980cff1acb38a89ff8.jpg