high boost?

terbo

do you guy's with the alky set up, always run high boost, or do you adjust it for drag racing (high) normal driving (low)? I apologize if this is a stupid question?

One phrase.. Car is driven in set to kill mode 24 hours a day. Same as I race it..zero changes..cept tires :D

Thats the majic..it kinda like race gas all the time.

No stupid questions..only the ones that arent asked.

I try to set the boost a couple of pounds lower than the max. I can run when on the street.

Work it up at the track if it's a track rental with a lot of runs possible.

BSTC in the car means boost control with a knob, no messy wastegate actuator. ;)

Usually 23-24 on the street. :)

with the mods I have, what boost should I expect to run with the alky kit installed?

As much as you feel comfortable with and your not in KR zone.

Probably 23-25 PSI depending on kit/chip/climate/tune-up.

Razor, would you say 1-2 psi less than with racegas in your car?

I have seen plenty of posts where people run 1-4 tenths slower with Alky than racegas, but how much less boost do you run? Just wondering and figured it would help alot of people.

Originally posted by salvageV6
I try to set the boost a couple of pounds lower than the max. I can run when on the street.

Work it up at the track if it's a track rental with a lot of runs possible.

BSTC in the car means boost control with a knob, no messy wastegate actuator. ;)

Usually 23-24 on the street. :)

Whats BSTC ? I am tired to search after that wastegate thing that always fall under the car, when I shall adjust boost.

Daniel

The BSTC is an electronic controller available from Ramchargers and information is available on their website.

You set your base boost with the wastegate adjustable arm at say 18 psi. and then the electronic controller is adjustable with a knob up to 6 psi. over that range.

18-24 psi. in this example. All with a single knob in the small box you put above the radio pod.

Also will scale boost back a bit in 3rd and 4th gears if you want it to when running pump gas. Allows greater boost in 1st and 2nd gears.

Also has quick spool code in it. Goes in line with the solenoid power wire and replaces chip control of the boost.