High Boost in High Gear?

FromaBuick6

When will it end?
Guys,
I’ve got a question concerning high boost levels. I’m running a JC PT-52 and my extender chip is programmed for 19# of boost in 1st and 2nd, and 17# for 3rd and 4th. Well, at least that’s what I requested on my chip. I’ve noticed that my spool up with the 52 was slower than my old turbo so I wanted to quicken up the spool a bit. I bought a pressure relief valve and hooked the valve into the system; sure enough the spool is definitely quicker. I believe they call this “Tuner” style. But, by taking the solenoid out of the loop, the car runs the same boost level in all gears, currently about 23 lbs. Now, with that being said, I have some older information from Kenne Bell that says there is NO advantage at all to running over 19 lbs of boost in 3rd and 4th gear. Assuming that is true, does it pose any threat to the engine from a safety standpoint? As of right now, I’m able to run 23 lbs in all gears with no knock, shooting alky, on the Extender’s 98-octane setting. I don’t mind running so much boost in 3rd and 4th but I don’t want to damage the engine. Is it safe to do it? Thanks for the help – FAB6

No knock no problem... Kenne-bells theory was based on when alchy was only used for drinking.