HIDs for our cars...

So who has bought a kit from the vendors in this thread and where are they made? :confused:

Simple enough. :biggrin:

You can call me ignorant since good information on what's being sold isn't really available.....

There are many types of HID kits, including those that work HI/LO with dual beams, dual beam LO HID and high halogen, and those that move the lamps HI/LO etc.

Some people like to know exactly what they are getting for their money.

So who has bought a kit from the vendors in this thread and where are they made? :confused:

You can call me ignorant since good information on what's being sold isn't really available.....

There are many types of HID kits, including those that work HI/LO with dual beams, dual beam LO HID and high halogen, and those that move the lamps HI/LO etc.

I would say 80-90% of the hid kits sold on e-bay and anywhere else is made in china. The other will be from germany and japan.

On a H4 or any dual beams hid kit there are 4 different bulbs available.

H4(S) singe xenon hid no high beams
H4(L) single xenon with highbeams but with a halogen bulbs
H4(H/L) single retractable or telescopting xenon bulb with both high and low beam hid. The xenon bulb retracts in and angles for high beams, there is a dc motor that activates this feature.
H4(H/L) dual xenon hid bulbs stacked next to each other. The kit is the most expensive one and this would be calls a "ture" high low kit. It has 2 ballast and relays for this kit.

There are many hid ballast and bulb manufacter in china, so sellers has to pick and choose which manufatcer to go with. I tried 5 different companys and finally settled with one. The rest offers not dependable ballast. Most xenon bulbs are very reliable but it's just the ballast that always break.

No this all boils down to what you want to do. Go cheap and take a chance and go buy the $70 kit from e-bay? You might get lucky and it will last you 1 year, them you buy another one for $70 so you spend $140 now so spending the extra will pay off. BUT I sell on e-bay also but not hid's I know how things work they like to do numbers so making a few bucks on each for them is nothing they just do the numbers. So making $10/kit and selling hundreds per/day is better than selling 1 kits per day and making a little more. E-bay hurts the retail market and will put everyone out of bussiness one day.

I have bought from Rob, GNasty. 2 set actaully.:D
And am very happy with both.