HIDs for our cars...

Who would be interested if I would make kits and even install if your local for HID setups in our cars?

Since I do alot of night driving and the stock sealed beams flat out suck... I decided to look into different headlights.

Sorry these are so lousy pics, theyre from a cell phone...

These HIDs the "low" beams are 8000k, and do look blue. My high beams are just some "cool blue" bulbs, since I'll never need to use my highheams with the output of the HIDs but to flash people and be legal.

I also still need to hook up the little blue bulb in the housing which I'll wire with my parking lights to come on.

The look of the new housings in the car;

Low beam HID;

High beam;

The HID setups I get are garenteed for 1 year included ballests and bulbs and are an ultra slim ballest as well.

-Chris.

anything like this for a Chevelle with round lights.

Yeah, Can you believe that?

87GNasty selling stuff in my post... Nice.

I really don't see what the big deal is. You started a thread in the General Tech section asking if people would be interested in you "building" these for the Buick community. Now you see that there are several people that sell these such as
TURBOV6 and 87gnasty. Guess it shows you that there are others selling these so maybe you shouldn't build too many of them?

Now if you were actually selling something in the For Sale section and not just have a "hey would anyone buy these if I made them" type thread, then I would agree with you.

I have a 72 GS that I'm getting the lights for from Chris(350ci). I'll let you know how they work. It's getting the turbo 6 like your Chevelle soon too:biggrin:

Cool Dude on the car and lights.
Put some pictures up when you are done.
My car will see the road allot especially at night.

Just an FYI, you can get HID light kits for like $70 including shipping on Ebay, plus the light housings for another $40. Im not sure what you do to the wiring differently thatd make a difference, But my $110 kit I put together myself works fine

OK, Back up a step for me. I had my cars prev owner swap the lighting a bit. I have Cibie off road lights as head lights, the look identical, and fit the same, but are dingy now. I need the light housing, what part # are you putting these HIDs in? My car also has a "hot wire" style kit for the headlights in place, (relay to trigger lights w/ 10ga power supply) is this way more than it'll need? I'd love to remove all that and get it cleaned back up.

OK, Back up a step for me. I had my cars prev owner swap the lighting a bit. I have Cibie off road lights as head lights, the look identical, and fit the same, but are dingy now. I need the light housing, what part # are you putting these HIDs in? My car also has a "hot wire" style kit for the headlights in place, (relay to trigger lights w/ 10ga power supply) is this way more than it'll need? I'd love to remove all that and get it cleaned back up.

Our cars uses a 4656 replacement lamo or it's a standard 4 x 6 lamp. Most of the replacement lamps is a sealed beam you just have to look for the one with a replacable halogen bulbs. There are many many cheap plastic lamps yo can purchase. Even napa sells them but it's DOT approved so expect to pay alot of money for it. The autopal lamps seem to be the best for me it looks almost the same as a stock sealed beam so it matched the center sealed beam halogens. All of these replacable bulbs usually use a H4 or a 9007 bulb.

If you convert your car to HID's you will need to rip out all the wiring and start from scratch. All you need now is the input plug for the stock lamps wiring. Depending on what HID kit you are going to get you may not need to do any extra wiring or go to the battery. The kit will be plug-n-play.

Just an FYI, you can get HID light kits for like $70 including shipping on Ebay, plus the light housings for another $40. Im not sure what you do to the wiring differently thatd make a difference, But my $110 kit I put together myself works fine

$70? WOW the price went down that low?

Ebay is always like that. But at $70 the kit see how long it will last.....1 year thats it many be you lucky and get close to 2 year than the ballast failure will happen. Most of these cheaper kits will last 2 year max I seen some die in less than 6 months.

Those $40 lamps are plastic and they don't even match the cars...If you look at them to me it kinda looks cheap or has that ricer look.

screw anything on ebay. What a bunch of garbage.

Nasty and Turbo V6... what is your pricing again???

This thread is confusing the hell out of me.

$240 shipped for the low beam kit with everything you need :D

plug and play

Youre ignorant if you don't think thats where all of these other guys kits are coming from in the first place. All the hids in new cars come from china anyhow

Youre ignorant if you don't think thats where all of these other guys kits are coming from in the first place. All the hids in new cars come from china anyhow

you obviously have no idea :smile:

enjoy your ebay lights :D

you obviously have no idea :smile:

enjoy your ebay lights :D

i do, ive had a set on my GTO now for two years with no issues as well as my GN, no issues there as well. I think the biggest cause for failures is inproper installation. and 40 bucks will get you glass housings on ebay

Mods, Kill this thread.

I'm not going to make these anymore... Just some are *******s.

hahaha, sorry about that. But this wasnt a for sale thead, so i thought opinions and good info were welcome

Most of the good HID kits are made in Germany. Or you've got guys buying quality parts and making their own kits. Dont call me ignorant. Go buy your ebay junk.