HID Conversion Kits??

CanMove

I searched and have been reading the hid headlight conversion threads for the last hour...

Alradco site is blank...... No HID kits anymore...???

Has anyone bought a good quality HID conversion kit lately that was complete? Unsealed 4x6 headlight with ballast ignitors and relay harness?

I put www.diodedynamics.com on my 2014 Explorer sport and they are great quality and came with the relay harness.... You have to use the harness if you dont want any issues....

I can get ballast, ignitors, bulbs and relay harness from diode dynamics BUT they do not have the unsealed beam (headlight)....

Thanks in advance, Richard

I searched and have been reading the hid headlight conversion threads for the last hour...

Alradco site is blank...... No HID kits anymore...???

Has anyone bought a good quality HID conversion kit lately that was complete? Unsealed 4x6 headlight with ballast ignitors and relay harness?

I put www.diodedynamics.com on my 2014 Explorer sport and they are great quality and came with the relay harness.... You have to use the harness if you dont want any issues....

I can get ballast, ignitors, bulbs and relay harness from diode dynamics BUT they do not have the unsealed beam (headlight)....

Thanks in advance, Richard
Nothing?!

There are many styles on eBay, projector, diamond cut, black out, halo's.
H4656 low beam and H4651 high beam.
Search both numbers as conversion, most use H4 bulbs.
Amizon might have some as well. A friend get some starnill brand LED's from Amizon (H11 $60 for a pair) and said they were brighter than HID and no harness needed, low amp draw, so just plug into headlight socket.

There are many styles on eBay, projector, diamond cut, black out, halo's.
H4656 low beam and H4651 high beam.
Search both numbers as conversion, most use H4 bulbs.
Amizon might have some as well. A friend get some starnill brand LED's from Amizon (H11 $60 for a pair) and said they were brighter than HID and no harness needed, low amp draw, so just plug into headlight socket.
I wanted to stay away from ebay from what i read on most of the threads on here... I dont want any chinese bull crap...
actually all i need is the unsealed beam (4x6 headlight) ... a good quality made one....
the rest i would feel comfortable getting from www.diodedynamics.com ballast,bulbs,igniters,relay harness...
anyone happy with the unsealed 4x6 headlight????
thanks for the reply 1986 Buick GX1

There were some Hella Vision Plus housings on eBay, made in Germany.
I have the Hella's on my car with halogen bulbs and love the light pattern.

image.jpeg

There were some Hella Vision Plus housings on eBay, made in Germany.
I have the Hella's on my car with halogen bulbs and love the light pattern.

View attachment 272547
I think i just found what im looking for...
http://www.jwspeaker.com/products/4x6-led-headlights-model-8800-evolution/
They remind me of the style LED's that i put in my Harley Davidson Ultra Classic...
If these are good quality which i believe they are (Cree) I think im gonna order a pair of low beams...
Im deleting the high beams for air flow into engine compartment..

Has anyone seen these LED replacements in any of our Turbo Buicks???

Thanks for the info! Post some pics when complete, should give the front a little more modern appeal! Looks like the front lens housing is curved out, maybe even more aero dynamic :)

We don't stock them anymore but we just did a group buy on these a few weeks ago. If there's enough interest we can always do another.

I have some 4"x6" Hella E code H1's (100watt Hi Beams) and H4's (Low Beams) with 4300K HID c/w anti glare shields with 35watt ballasts & custom wiring harness (direct feed from battery) with dual relays & fuses, coming off my car soon and will be for sale. Like new condition. This is a true "plug N play" set up made for our Turbo Buicks.
Will post pictures tomorrow and price in the for sale section.

Last edited:
I have some 4"x6" Hella E code H1's (100watt Hi Beams) and H4's (Low Beams) with 4300K HID c/w anti glare shields with 35watt ballasts & custom wiring harness (direct feed from battery) with dual relays & fuses, coming off my car soon and will be for sale. Like new condition. This is a true "plug N play" set up made for our Turbo Buicks.
Will post pictures tomorrow and price in the for sale section.
I'm interested in your headlamp kit! Please let me know when you have pics & price. I'm driving country highways at night with lousy lighting, scary! Where are the replacement bulbs & ballasts for your setup available at? Why are you removing and selling them?