Help with ALRADCO HID Low and High Beam light install with relays

I need to resurrect an old thread here. I am struggling at installing the Alradco HID low beam kit. The directions are worthless.
The wiring diagram in the 1st post here helps a little but I still have some questions.
It probably didn't help that in my frame off resto the headlight harness was out of the car and I'm not sure which socket went to high or low beams.

What are you supposed to do with the Red and Black short lead wires with no plugs that come out next to the light bulbs?
Am I correct in understanding the Alradco harness only plugs into the car harness at the passenger side harness plug? And that you need to line up the plug black to black and tan to red (low beam kit)? And all the other wires don't matter on this plug?

And I've read it both ways, does the positive feed start at the alternator or the battery?

Any help would be appreciated.

IIRC.... power and ground(could use body) from battery to relay....trigger (coil) to relay plugs in to one of the factory headlight plugs and then use the supplied harness to power the new hids.
I didnt need the short wires with no plugs

IIRC.... power and ground(could use body) from battery to relay....trigger (coil) to relay plugs in to one of the factory headlight plugs and then use the supplied harness to power the new hids.
I didnt need the short wires with no plugs
Thank you.