Hey Gary

turbolou

Lou's Automotive 949-378-1590
After selling the GNX I didn't waste anytime finding a low miles 08 Z06. A real awsome car & pretty quick. Fun to drive & have some plans to do some mods & then hunt down that scum Mean chicken & hand his ass to him. I picked it up in ST. Louis thurs. & drove it 765 miles to N.Y. & got 26.5 MPG. My plan is to hang out there for a while & have it shipped to CA. right now its got 2,600 miles on it & like brand new. I know I'll miss the X but this is a car I can drive & enjoy as opposed to a garage ornament. So I will be away for awhile. But I will be takeing phone calls if needed. Lou

Lou:
Glad to hear for you that you sold the GNX, but sorry to hear that is is gone and hopefully it sold to the SoKali area. I know what you mean about the difference between something nice that you can enjoy driving and something nice that you can only collect. I figured when I heard from you that you had sold the GNX, that you had something up your sleeve. I am sure that you will enjoy the '08 Z06 and I am sure that you have some plans for it. Enjoy your vacation back east, you deserve a nice vacation. See you when you get back.

Lou, sorry to see the GNX go that was one sweet GN, but I must say, I think you'll LOVE that Corvette. Welcome to the Vette family:)

Lou, sorry to see the GNX go that was one sweet GN, but I must say, I think you'll LOVE that Corvette. Welcome to the Vette family:)

Thanks I had my fun bring the GNX back from the dead . But I'm not the kind of guy that likes hanging around car shows for very long what it was good for. I really didn't like driveing it much & worriied about something happening to it.The Buick was done & now someone else can enjoy it. This is my 17th corvette & like all the rest before it they just keep making them better & this car is a blast to drive I hope it doesn't get me in trouble taking my friends for joy rides out here on the east coast where I'm currently staying. I'm thinking of taking it to the track tonight & probably get my ass kicked by some GN. If I would of bought it first I also doubt that I would of been tempted by any Porsche.

Hey Lou.
I see a conflict of interest here.

Sooner or later I'll be back in your shop wanting you to make my GN faster (reliably) than a new Z06 and ZR-1...:biggrin:
If you don't help me out, I'm gonna blow a head gasket and you're gonna have to fix it.:mad:

You're gonna need to sell the Z06.

Lou, you have owned 17 Corvettes in the past? I think that makes you a great grandfather in the Vette family. The Vette has been my dream car since 1982 and I have only been able to own six of them. I truly believe you can't get a better performance vehicle for the money. ( And to own a Z06 (my next major car goal) in a vehicle that weighs in just over 3100 lbs. and has 505 hp, I think you going to have some fun, especially with the unsuspecting gear head who thinks he’s sitting next to a base model Corvette:wink:

So lou being a gn master are going to get another brick just for the hell of it, its in your blood. By the way to bet me to it going to the east coast ill be there soon.

Al

Hey Lou.
I see a conflict of interest here.

Sooner or later I'll be back in your shop wanting you to make my GN faster (reliably) than a new Z06 and ZR-1...:biggrin:
If you don't help me out, I'm gonna blow a head gasket and you're gonna have to fix it.:mad:

You're gonna need to sell the Z06.
Tim that is called job security, But not to worry I took it to an 1/8 mile track last night & got spanked by some swine in a viper. The Z turned a miserable 8.17 @ 92 mph. The mph was ok but the e.t.was repulsive. So I now have a mission to try & get a 427 chevrolet to run like a 231 buick. I will be returning to CA. in shame.

Lou, you have owned 17 Corvettes in the past? I think that makes you a great grandfather in the Vette family. The Vette has been my dream car since 1982 and I have only been able to own six of them. I truly believe you can't get a better performance vehicle for the money. ( And to own a Z06 (my next major car goal) in a vehicle that weighs in just over 3100 lbs. and has 505 hp, I think you going to have some fun, especially with the unsuspecting gear head who thinks he’s sitting next to a base model Corvette:wink:
The Z06's are becomeing real bargins & quite a car for the money. But I doubt that I'm done with Buicks they are still amazing fun cars for the money. Plus the cast of characters that own them are unequaled.

What power level?
Car and Driver put the 385HP ones into a 12.7, the 405HP ones into a 12.4 so the 505HP LS7 ones gotta be close to a second quicker with a good driver.

The LS7 is supposed to run hi 11's & I would love to know how they do that. I ran the car six times & kept getting better but no where near what is advertised. My best 60 ft was a 2.08 I shifted at 7000 & went across the finish line in 2nd @ 92 mph. It is a very tricky car to launch & I suppose the best I could eventually do is a 7.8 in the 1/8th with more practice.

That LS7 Z06 that spanked me a few months back while my stree radials spun-off sure did launch nifty.

Lou, now don't you think the Vette is a little impractical? That passenger seat is a little small for a full figured voluptuous sheep isn't it?

I'm too old to play bingo, I use candy, and that's probably why I can't catch any.