Hey Brick or John Wilde....

EightSecV6

MDBL
I know you guys will be up on this... There was a guy at Mason Dixon dragway Saturday with an 88-93 white Mustang GT on 10.5" tires, still had stock interior and full exhaust, I didnt see it under the hood but it had a turbo, spooled fast and had a glide in it. Looked like a SSO car, ran 4.60 at 141. No decals or stickers, I think the window said Rob Mcnill, sound familiar????

Bill we got ATCO rented wed, Interested?
I think we have a spot or 2 left
Otto

Originally posted by EightSecV6
I know you guys will be up on this... There was a guy at Mason Dixon dragway Saturday with an 88-93 white Mustang GT on 10.5" tires, still had stock interior and full exhaust, I didnt see it under the hood but it had a turbo, spooled fast and had a glide in it. Looked like a SSO car, ran 4.60 at 141. No decals or stickers, I think the window said Rob Mcnill, sound familiar????

I love a good challange. I will see if I can find out for you.
There are so many turbo mustangs that this will not be as easy as a couple years ago.

Do you have any steel cranks laying around?

John i got a number for a guys who had loads of steels cranks at The GS nats, Let me know if you want it, Not sure but you may already know him

Rob Mcnill?? That name doesn't ring any bells, but I could check around... Also, "if" it is an SSO car it MUST be an FFW SSO car (they run on the 10.5X33W's) cause I know for a fact the fastest NMRA SSO car (Jim Blair's badass white Procharged SN95 Cobra that has run 7.50's on true 10.5X28 non W tires) is not running 4.60's in the 1/8th.... Kinda weird how he ran 4.60 at only 141mph (most cars running 4.60 in the 1/8th are going 160+mph to get there).... As John said there are a crap load of fast turbo mustangs nowadays, but I'll see if I can turn up anything!

My car runs 4.90's at only 145, looked like the MPH was low to me too but the locals say he runs that number all the time! He races local OPS classes at Mason Dixon and 75-80 dragway, not sure on the name, just what I remember...

My car runs 4.90's at only 145, looked like the MPH was low to me too but the locals say he runs that number all the time! He races local OPS classes at Mason Dixon and 75-80 dragway, not sure on the name, just what I remember...

Bill, I would expect your car to run a better ET for a given MPH because it is a tube chassis/Big tire car, but we're talking about a 10.5 tire car.... Just to give you an example Brad Brand's Outlaw 10.5/FFW SSO style turbo Mustang has run a best 1/8th mile pass of 4.68 @164mph with a 1.17 60'.... That's why this car sort of baffles me running 4.60 @141mph.... If the car runs in an OPS class it's most likely a 3000-3200lb car (closer to 3200lbs because it's a turbo car and they get hit with the worst weight penalty as I'm sure you know) that runs on true 10.5 (X 28" or 29.5") non W tires which makes it even more odd that he's running that fast:confused: I'm not doubting what you say is true, but from what I've seen this car sounds like it's not the norm.... Gives me even more reason to find it and trust me I've been looking pretty hard on the 'net!

FYI, fastest true 10.5 tired car (weighing at least 3000lb) is right at the 4.90 mark in the 1/8th... I would suspect this guy was on a "W"..

:)

The guys name is Bobby Demilt. I the car has a ~347" Steve Petty built small block, 106 thumper and a glide, motec. He bought the car last year from someone in FLA. The clock was wrong on that run. Later that day they went a 5 teen.

Later

Steve Crisafulli

I thought Duttweiler built the motor on that car?
That thing was for sale for a long time. The price was really good, I was shocked it took so long to sell.
How is Steve doing with your bullet???
How is Skinny doing with the car???

He did orginally. Has new heads, block etc. Its in paint right now. Hopefully well have it in early October.

Steve C

Please send me some pics if you have any.
I am very interested in your turbo set up!!!

Hey that sounds like Dewinters car he died and the car was sold by Heavner in pompano . The fastest i have heard of a true 10.5 sso car going is 4.91@151 cause its a friend of mines corbra r at thats a 7.63@183 run with 10.5w the same car has gone 7.50s@186 so maybe steve c is right i have seen the exhaust on the 2 step cause some issues . I was at a race where Gullet ran 7.00s@202 and we could not beleive it then grebeck goes out and runs 6.89@218 and we are thats more like it Gullet later ran 7.20@198 with out the smoke and mirrors it happens .

Keith Szabo ran a 4.90 in the 1/8th at Huntsville last year at the Drag Race Action World Championship $20k race...
Silver nitrous BBF mustang..

Originally posted by stevec
The guys name is Bobby Demilt. I the car has a ~347" Steve Petty built small block, 106 thumper and a glide, motec. He bought the car last year from someone in FLA. The clock was wrong on that run. Later that day they went a 5 teen.

Later

Steve Crisafulli

Okay that makes sense with the clock being wrong on that run cause I just can't see how someone could run 4.60 @ only 140mph....

Sounded off a bit to me too but some other guys at the track said he always ran that #..... Probably another one of those 0.10 60ft times!!!:D