Here's what it takes to run 10.0's

blackgn1

Set on TSM Boost
I've been away from the board a while. Work has kept me busy. I always see threads about what it takes to get into the 10's. I know what I did to get there was not the safest way but it works and I have had no breakage (except several transmissions) in the engine department. My combo will run in the 9's in Bowling Green this year under 35psi of boost. Please understand again I'm not leading anyone to build thier engine like I did. Just a thread to help guys see a combo that worked and to hear from our other knowledgable members.

Street car with Cold AC

Stock Parts:

Stock Block bored .20 over
Stock Caps with RJC Engine Girdle
Stock Crank cut .20/.20
Stock Rods reconditioned with ARP
Stock front cover with the usual oiling mods
Stock Champion Ported Intake
Stock Heads Ported and Polished
Stock Flywheel
Stock Balancer
Stock Headers

Aftermarket Parts

.20 over Diamond Pistons
Comp Cams 206/206 Roller Cam off the shelf
T&D Roller Rockers
TH 3" downpipe
Accufab 70mm Throtte Body
Precision 70 Plenum with RJC Powerplate
Precision Front Mount Intercooler

Fuel System:

Single In tank Reds XP Fuel Pump
Stock fuel lines
Cheap Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
Dual Nozzle Alky Control Alcohol Injection

Ignition:

Stock Coil/Module

Turbo:

Precision Billet 6466 CEA Gen 2

Engine Management:

FAST XFI 2.0

Chasis:

Stock Driveshaft
Stock Rearend
Moser Axles
Bilstien Shocks
UMI non adjustable rear Control Arms
Stock front control arms
HR Sway Bar
Mickey Thompson 275 Pros

Guys thats it unless I left out a few little things here or there. Simple setup. Dan (Grumpy) has gone faster with less than this. There's no secret here. It runs 10's at 23psi of boost and will run 9's at 30+. I have had this combo for many years and I have tuned it slowly. If I could guess on a part that has made it live it would be the tune. It's never seen knock. Ever. This is on 100% pump gas and alcohol with FAST keeping everything in check.

Do I recommend this setup? It works but there are weak links. That's a choice I made way back. Do I wish there was a forged rotating assemble? Sure. Who wouldn't. Thank you guys for your time. Hope this thread was informative.

Last edited:
PTC 9.5
Transmission: Chris Hogeland 350 reverse manual valve body

I guess I should have mentioned that I moved away from the 200 trans after multiple broken trannies. I was making more power than they could take without being freshened up. Chris Hogeland built me a killer 350 trans. It takes a beating and has never given me a moments trouble. Track passes were killing my 200's. I will never go back to the 200 with this car. I got really tired of pulling transmissions.

E85 is available here. I have no thoughts on it presently. Im making good power on pump gas/alky. I have thought about trying it on my other car one day in the future.

Here's my last track pass information

1/8 mile track

60 foot: 1.40 off the foot brake
mph: 109 mph
et: 6.35
boost: 28psi
timing: 18 degress in third

Thanks for your quick response.Gathering information on this conversion from this board only.
So far what I have found has been encouraging.
Since you are considering E-85 for your other car,please keep me informed of any info you come across.
Thanks agin.

How much injector?

That's impressive and encouraging.....we have a very similar build......I have no been 10's yet but then again the car has not seen over 20 psi at the track either....

Great job that's solid power!

Are you running an air bag out back? Anything else to suspension except for sway bar and control arms?

No air bag. Just control arms and the HR Bar. The Mickey Pros hook. Well enough to break parts. I had ET Streets before the Pros. They hooked very well but there is no comparison to the Pros. I drive the Pros on the street even though they say "not for street use" on the sidewall.:D

I have pros, but am upgrading shocks to get them to hook.. best 60ft so far was 1.44, but usually in the low 1.5's spinning... using a t-brake though and not foot brake. I have more suspension mode too, so probably hitting the tire harder.

What timing are you running on the top end ..my setup is similar and just want to get an idea of where I should be. Thaks

80lb injectors on a single intank pump.
Maybe you should change your moniker to "Captain Courageous!" You have a lot more confidence in that single pump than I would. I use twin Red's and still wonder if I should add an inline just in case!!!

Maybe you should change your moniker to "Captain Courageous!" You have a lot more confidence in that single pump than I would. I use twin Red's and still wonder if I should add an inline just in case!!!

Those new 340 pumps with good voltage get the job done.

My next upgrade is the fuel system. The new setup is over the top. External Weldon with 10 an feed and Champion rails with external Weldon regulator.