Here we go again!!!!!!!!

Was your problem ever resolved 87 TurboGirl?

Sounds much like what I am going through. I have a thread that I recently started, and your initial description of what is going on almost sounded word for word of what I am going through.

No we are still dealing with my problem. Hubby seems to think we are having an oiling problem. We just aren't sure were to look for the problem yet......

Ive got the knocking sound which seems to be coming more so from the passenger side. It popped up when I was on the highway the other night, and made the audible knock sensor go crazy. It was too much for me to drive it. I wound up towing it back home. Do you have a oil pressure gauge? How does the oil pressure look? Mine never dropped off and looks good at all rpm ranges.
I took out all my lifters and I could not compress them at all. I took one apart and drained the bit of oil that was in it and was then able to compress it. I dont know why it was trapped in there causing it to seize up like that. I didnt want to go through all of them doing that and still be paranoid that I was risking something so I just put all new ones in. I got it all back together and of course, it still knocks:mad: . Other than lifters, pushrods or the rockers, I dont see what could be the problem. It sounds horrible, especially when I rev it. The sound gets louder and more irratic. The car was running great with no problems for a couple thousand miles since doing cam,lifters,valve springs,heads,etc.etc. Only tap/knock I recall before would only last for a few seconds, and would occur when starting the car after it had been sitting overnight.
I remember reading about cracked rocker shafts. Also, broken inner valve springs. I will check these out today.
Good luck, I was just wondering how your situation was going since it sounded alot like mine.