Help!!

brut4

Failed emissions for the second time today. I have a turbotweak emission chip installed, even put heat in the gas tank this time :confused: . Haven't got a clue what's causing it...any ideas??? Here it is:

HC....reading 3.51 limit 0.8 FAIL
CO....reading 9.23 limit 15.0 PASS
NOX..reading 2.67 limit 2.0 FAIL

I also put my stock injectors back in after the first failure and got the HC reading to go down a bit (it was over 4). I have basically the same set up in my car that passed two years ago. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Is your EGR working? Are you using a catyletic converter? If so, how old is it? :confused: They lose their efficiency the more miles they get on them.

Is it idle emmisions or on a dyno? Your HC and NOX are related. Do you have an adjustable fuel presure regulator?

Took the car in...turns out the intake manifold was leaking :confused: Got that squared away and it passed NOX, still failed HC (but got it down to 2.5). Guy at the shop says the coil may be bad so I'm gonna try that and see what happens... Worst part of this crap is after July 1st their not even testing anything older than 95 anymore! :mad:

i was in the same boat but my cat was on but gutted....i overlooked the easy stuff...still havent brought it in for the 4th try yet

To get mine to pass I turned the fuel pressure down so the car barely ran. It had just enough power for the dyno. As soon as I got outside i turned it back up. You have to turn it down more than the computer can compensate..

check the cat.i tried 4 times b4 I got my sticker.....same HC readings...cat was gutted....don't overlook the obvious things...it can get costly