Help with T Top sealant

bq93

I have the standard problem with my T tops where water leaks in and drips (pours) through the sun visor bracket. If I’ve done my research correctly the sealant from the factory has broken down, so even though I have good seals the water is coming in where metal meets metal.

I believe the standard fix is to seal with a new adhesive and I’m wondering which of these is better or if they are both even still available. If they are available which supporting vendors carry it and how much can I expect to need.

3M™ Window-Weld™ Resealant, 08634

3M™ Heavy Drip-Chek™ Sealer, 08531

Thanks,

Joey

I've always used the drip check with good results, just goop it up bigtime in the area you're describing, plan on 2 tubes, available at most parts houses or auto apint/body supply stores.

thanks

Thanks for the info. Has anyone done a write up on this procedure? Do I need to remove the t top seals first? Any hazards to be aware of?

I want to stop (slow) the leaks, but I also want to do it right.

Sorry to keep pestering I just want to make sure I get this right.

Again as I understand it the problem is likely coming from where the weatherstrip retainer meets the body, in that the old glue, sealer, or whatever has just deteriorated. I’m wondering if anyone has use black body caulk (like is used to install windshields and just laid it in the leaking seams?

You may have tons of rust under the metal panels that have the weatherstripping on them. Some screws hold them down - just a warning - it may be ugly under there:)

Mine has a tiny bit of rust, I plan to cut it out and put Eastwood's rust encapsulator on.

Not sure what I will use to fill the small (thickness of a pencil) rust hole with.