help with injector size and fuel pump

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
I'm building a new 109 with a Scat forged rotating assembly, JE pistons. With a 6262 turbo and single nozzle alky kit, I'm trying to figure out what to do for a fuel system.

E85 is scarce around me, so I'm sticking with 93 and Razor's kit. I currently have a SD2 setup with 50# injectors and a Walbro 340 255lph pump (that's pushing 10 years old). What single in-tank pump should I get and will these 50# injectors support 25-28 PSI safely?

Thanks!

Yeah, not interested in dropping $700 on a fuel pump. I don't see how that is 6 times better than a Racetronix pump.

DW300 from Nick.i have one that a Richard Clark did a flow test 6 weeks ago. It flow in greater #s then the flow sheet said. It's a single pump and will take care of you

DW300 is a good pump for sure. Make sure you get heavy duty in tank wiring to go with it (usually called an intermediate harness). Most hot wire kits (all older hot wire kits) did not include that critical part.

do you feel that's a $580 hanger?
How did you come up with that number...

Just trying to help out as the fuel system isn't something to cheap out on. Lots of pump choice if you just want a pump. Nick sells just pumps as well but if your looking to replace the hanger and wiring and have the best complete system his is it imop.
Only way to go if you need a new fuel system

http://arizonagn.com/?page_id=755

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

How did you come up with that number...

Just trying to help out as the fuel system isn't something to cheap out on. Lots of pump choice if you just want a pump. Nick sells just pumps as well but if your looking to replace the hanger and wiring and have the best complete system his is it imop.

I appreciate the help, but to me that seems pretty darn pricey. You can grab a 450lph Walbro pump for around $100, even if you spent $40-50 on a hotwire kit (which I already have) that leaves $550-575 difference in the kit you posted, which shows $700 on their website.

Pricey maybe, 40 to 50 on a hotiwre kit isn't going to be the same that comes with this kit. All hotwire kits out don't address two major factors. One being they don't address the ground which is a major issue and is just as important as the power. The ground needs to be a large gauge just like the feed and needs to be return to the battery or up front.

Also the standard hotwire doesn't address the intermediate harness. Casper has a upgrade for that but it's still run through small pins and can't handle the power we are requesting of them with bigger pump setups.

Also a racetronix hanger doesn't allow you to go from standard hose barb to AN fittings with a 5 min change but just unscrewing fittings when you go from factory lines to aftermarket.

Also the cnc hat is second to none and has nice I.D. and bends so very low flow restrictions.

The setups come with a 3yr warranty and support unlike others.

The list goes on and on but using my phone to type sucks.

Hope this helps

Good luck on your choice.

Pricey maybe, 40 to 50 on a hotiwre kit isn't going to be the same that comes with this kit. All hotwire kits out don't address two major factors. One being they don't address the ground which is a major issue and is just as important as the power. The ground needs to be a large gauge just like the feed and needs to be return to the battery or up front.

Also the standard hotwire doesn't address the intermediate harness. Casper has a upgrade for that but it's still run through small pins and can't handle the power we are requesting of them with bigger pump setups.

Also a racetronix hanger doesn't allow you to go from standard hose barb to AN fittings with a 5 min change but just unscrewing fittings when you go from factory lines to aftermarket.

Also the cnc hat is second to none and has nice I.D. and bends so very low flow restrictions.

The setups come with a 3yr warranty and support unlike others.

The list goes on and on but using my phone to type sucks.

Hope this helps

Good luck on your choice.

appreciate the info

Boost231 I get what you're saying and agree with it, but it's overkill for what the OP seems to want. An old school 255 pump will support those injectors up until THEY are maxed out.

The real question is why build a motor and put a turbo that's capable of running low 10's and use such a small injector? If you want to run them bc you have them and plan on upgrading later then plan the fuel pump accordingly. If not, then any drop in 255 will be fine.

Boost231 I get what you're saying and agree with it, but it's overkill for what the OP seems to want. An old school 255 pump will support those injectors up until THEY are maxed out.

The real question is why build a motor and put a turbo that's capable of running low 10's and use such a small injector? If you want to run them bc you have them and plan on upgrading later then plan the fuel pump accordingly. If not, then any drop in 255 will be fine.

I probably will replace the injectors at some point, but even then, I doubt I'll need much bigger. I mean 60's should support 600-650hp especially with alky.

Tom, call Full Throttle for the Racetronix intermediate harness. It is thicker gauge wire and replaces the bulkhead on the hangar. Might also be on their website. Eric also sells pumps. If you don't use a Racetronix pump you will have to reverse the power and ground wires on the harness.

New Racetronix DP hangers come with quick disconnect fittings that you then convert to AN or whatever you want I guess. I just got a 680DP. Looking forward to installing it. The digital sender option is a must IMOP. Although I am extremely impressed with the looks of Nicks setup and I really like Nick I want my fuel gauge to work correctly in my digital dash car. Otherwise I probabky would have bought his setup.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk