Help! Where does this bolt go?

Dynalow00

Just a chip and exhaust..
I have not been able to figure out where this came from- motor has been in and out several times, but never had extra parts.
Looks like a 15mm head, about 1.75" long. Its a floating washer under the bolt head, if that helps... Any help is much appreciated! -Steve

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 418
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 419
it does look like the one that holds the AC compressor to the mount at the bottom. but like previously stated, there are plenty of bolts like that on our motors. just take you a chair out to the car along with some beers and just stare and touch things till somthing feels loose are you see somthing missing. usually works for me. somtimes you just gotta think about it for awhile.

No winners yet..

Slow91z- I think all the A/C bolts are shouldered..no washers

GNrail- Manifold (intake?) bolts should be 13mm head I think..All mine have previously been replaced with ARP..

Hiboom- Bellhousing bolts should be standard thread, not metric. At least on mine they are.

Turbofab- The aluminum accy bracket bolts I have are all shouldered- no floating washers. I believe they are factory, as they are all black.

Anybody else want to venture a suggestion? Thank you for all the replies so far- I will continue to look over my install to see if anything is missing! -Steve

Just don't worry about it. Within the next couple times your working on the car doing who knows what, you'll look up/down and see it. Works for me. That's the way I find all the tools my car gobbles up. What work have you done recently?

my guess
its not metric at all and its the upper bolt for the crank sensor bracket through the timing cover into the block

Steve, it then must be an intake manifold bolt. I started to type that first, but it "kinda" looked like a 10mmx1.5 thread. It now looks like a factory intake manifold bolt that has been painted black. THe factory intake bolts are have a dull silver plating on them and are 3/8-16 thread.

........or, someone replaced a factroy belhousing bolt with a washer head bolt. (also a 3/8-16 thread) Shoot a pic of the bolt head, or drop by my house and I can figure it out for you.

If its a 5/16 SAE thread it's what pacecarta said. Otherwise it's non specific to a TR.

Steve says it looks like 15mm, if it is it's NOT the timing cover bolt as they are 13mm and it's to long also as they are 1 & 1/2 ins. long as are the intake manifold bolts. I really don't think its even a TR bolt.