Help w/ wiring for MAF Trans +

JToups386

Hello Folks:
I'm hooking up my MAF Translator +, and it requires tapping into the white EST wire on the ignition module. For those of you who've done this, which white wire is it? I see 2 within the harness plug going into the module. It also requires hooking up a gray wire. Which wire is it?
I'm always nervous when cutting and splicing, so I want to make sure I get it right the first time.
Thanks for any assistance you can provide!
JT

If you really want to do it right then buy the plug that does it all for you with no guess work involved. you can get one at fullthrottle speed and style. I'm not sure if they are the only one offering it but its on there web site to look at.

for a splice in install......

Cut the white wire closest to the firewall a couple inches from the ignition module. Connect the white wire from the Translator Plus to the end of the wire that comes from the harness. Connect the gray wire to the wire that comes from the ignition module.

The Plug-and-play adapter is a bit more straightforward...... :)

B

Thanks everyone for your help! I got it done.
Unfortunately the car is still bucking and sputtering intermitently.
I was pleased it cranked right up after installing the Trans+, however, something's obviously still not right. I haven't modded the new ECM yet to run DS, so I'm w/o any data at this point.
It has a New (reman) ECM, New Coil Pack, New Ignition Module, (2.000 miles) LS1 MAF.
I've ordered the Extender Chip, (on back order), so my question now is --- will the car possibly do what I said above, if I don't have the Extender yet, and the EST circuit is running through the Translator +?

Any thoughts? Anyone,,, anyone...?

Check your coilpack both cold & hot or use Caspers coil & module tester.
My coilpack was reading 11k ohms when cold & after getting the engine warmed up, 1 section was reading 200k ohms.

Hey Jason

Sure ya did already, but double check the grounds, on the head, firewall, and make sure the possitive battery cable against that crossover pipe. Also make sure that the module and coil bracket both are making nice grounds with the plenum bolts and the three nuts on the bottom of the module. Seeya man