Help us build "Nasty Wendy 2"- AKA "The Phonix"

In fear of sounding like a broken record I say that I don't know how to thank you all. I've always known that owning one of these cars was like being in a fraternity. I did not know just how special of a fraternity that it actually was. I've read questions about the current condition of my car. I'm no expert in restoration but from what I see it is unusable. The fire consumed everything in the interior down to metal. Everything is covered in rust, that's what happens when cars burn. The engine and engine compartment items are dang near unscathed with exception of the heater core housing box (that burned just like the interior did), the transmission and rear end escaped undamaged. The fire progressed into the trunk as well. All of the glass is burned out. The outer door skins took damage. The roof and quarter panels were burned and are rust covered. There was IMO extensive rust in the T-Top area but that is why it was at GBP getting worked on. I do not know how it would be possible to get the rust out of all the places the fire caused it. Remarkably the decklid survived!!!

Ok when you get your car back GET INSURANCE!!!!!! I pay $300 a year for Stated value of $21000 threw Grundy with no miles limits. Maybe there will be some money left to help pay for the first year.

Scot and Coach,
While I've BS'd with Scot for a few I've never had the pleasure of meeting Coach. I'd really like the chance to especially thank both of you guys in person. It would mean a lot to me to see the face and shake the hands of men that take this type of initiative to help someone and for Coach its someone whom he'd never met. Scot, I see you making plans to get down here with Chuck. Like Chuck said, "That will be fun". I look forward to seeing that happen. I'm sure Chuck could give us some tips on how to work ladies at the bars. I'm thinking a quick classroom session and then lots of field testing. LOL.

Scot, Coach, and EVERYONE,
I extend an open invitation to come on down to New Orleans and have a blast. Yes you can do that anyway but I'd like to be there with you to give you the 'guided tour' and make sure you don't miss out on anything that's worth seeing, doing, eating, or experiencing.

Ok when you get your car back GET INSURANCE!!!!!! I pay $300 a year for Stated value of $21000 threw Grundy with no miles limits. Maybe there will be some money left to help pay for the first year.
No doubt. I had plans for full coverage after I could get a decent appraisal value 'agreed value' policy. I don't believe I could have gotten much coverage for the car before the rust damage was fixed and new paint applied. I maybe wrong but I think it would have been hard to get the underwriter to agree on a decent value based on potential. I believe in having insurance. This was a case of everything lining up perfectly wrong.

This reminds me how everyone got together and helped GNGIFT. Truly a great crowd on here.

D

this is like a real life episode of Overhaulin', without the "ERMAGERD!!! MY CAR WAS STOLED" plotline...

I'll donate when I get off shift. I can easily drive from Ms. And help turn some wrenches. I work in Metarie all the time and I'm off about a month at a time. Just let me know would love to help.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If you decide to go with the roller from NJ, I could go check it out, pick it up and/or store it at my place.

If you arr still looking for a roller, stay with Turbo Regal. A V8 or regular V6 would need a wire harness swap.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

No doubt. I had plans for full coverage after I could get a decent appraisal value 'agreed value' policy. I don't believe I could have gotten much coverage for the car before the rust damage was fixed and new paint applied. I maybe wrong but I think it would have been hard to get the underwriter to agree on a decent value based on potential. I believe in having insurance. This was a case of everything lining up perfectly wrong.

With Grundy you just tell them how much you want to insure it for and send them 3 pics. Two angle front pics and one back pic. They base the price on the the stated value. No appraisal needed. Like I said 300 a year for $21,000 And that's full coverage.

This sounds like a good deal could probably get it cheaper. There asking $3250 with no motor.

http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/cto/3926811108.html

With Grundy you just tell them how much you want to insure it for and send them 3 pics. Two angle front pics and one back pic. They base the price on the the stated value. No appraisal needed. Like I said 300 a year for $21,000 And that's full coverage.

This sounds like a good deal could probably get it cheaper. There asking $3250 with no motor.

http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/cto/3926811108.html

This is the hot deal, right here.....Close to NO,[A strait shot across I -10], a hard top car, can be toted easily, is a real GN. Pending good paperwork, of course.
Scott, how much do we have so far??

This is the hot deal, right here.....Close to NO,[A strait shot across I -10], a hard top car, can be toted easily, is a real GN. Pending good paperwork, of course.
Scott, how much do we have so far??
Right now we are at $1,533.51

You guys never cease to amaze me.... Makes me proud to be a part of this community!

That car is only two hours away from me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

We need to collect way more and then...in my opinion...we need to list the options to Clay. I want him in a nice car, but one that he likes too. It's great we have guys that can go check out our options.
When you guys find rollers, please contact the sellers and get as many pics as you can. This helps narrow it down.
We have a really nice WH1 in Jersey with a real GN black and gray interior. That's a killer combo in my opinion. Two tone inside and out. Buick should have made that combo from the factory.

We need to collect way more and then...in my opinion...we need to list the options to Clay. I want him in a nice car, but one that he likes too. It's great we have guys that can go check out our options.
When you guys find rollers, please contact the sellers and get as many pics as you can. This helps narrow it down.
We have a really nice WH1 in Jersey with a real GN black and gray interior. That's a killer combo in my opinion. Two tone inside and out. Buick should have made that combo from the factory.

And we are close money wise to buying it! ;)

If this issue goes to court, can Clay still part out the damaged car? I wonder if it will be off limits until the case is over.

I think Coach is right, slow down, and gather more parts info/money before shopping for a shell.

Money sent, this is great! I thank both of you from the bottom of my heart for doing this as this was truly heart breaking to hear. I too at one point only had barely enough money to have liability coverage on my car so I totally understand the situation.

I am going to reach out to all the Turbo Farm boys here in the Chicago area and through out the Midwest and see if they can contribute the minimum donation!
Thanks
Prasad