Help us build "Nasty Wendy 2"- AKA "The Phonix"

Sorry. I believe Scot closed the account. The car was paid for and the extra funds were sent to Shawn for other expenses.
If you want to donate more...I'll see if Clay has a Paypal to send it to.
Things will really start to move after the new year.

Thanks to all of you again
Coach

Merry Christmas guys. Thanks for the continued support TurboTGuy. I hope the holidays are bring you all joy. I have a short list of things that is waiting on me as of now. I'll list them here and check them off as I get them done. This is my attempt at providing feedback to the community on this *very biased opinion* remarkable project.

1st. Insurance. I've covered a lot of ground on this subject and have only a couple more places to check. Goal is to be fully insured by the start of the New Year which I'm thinking will fit the schedule nicely as far as being insured when the work begins. From my last talk with Shawn he is still gathering/receiving parts and getting them ready for service.

2nd. Plates. I have the personalized plate for the car waiting on me. As soon as its insured the plate will be on its way.

3rd. Rear Bumper. Turns out that my glass rear bumper suffered more damage than its worth so I'll be looking for a rear glass bumper. Yes we are taking donations but I do understand that not everyone is able to give their stuff away. If you have a rear fiberglass bumper that you can part with for a decent price please let me know. If anyone has one they can donate that is always welcomed and greatly appreciated. Thank you.

4th. Weather stripping/seals full kit. Shawn has notified me that we will need a complete set of weather stripping/seals. He tells me that while its a no brainer that OEM is the best the aftermarket kits are plenty good enough to get the job done nicely. If someone has a kit on the shelf shoot me a message with your price. I'd hate to order one of these kits if a member here has one and can use the money.

*as I am made aware of other needs I will update my list of 'things to do' and check them off as they are done in order to keep everyone with feedback

As always thanks to everyone for every bit of support you all have shown. I want you all to know that this story has made it into forums across a wide span of interests. The overwhelming opinion is that this community is not of the ordinary. The actions both good and bad of this situation are being watched and I am proud to tell you that our community is making a remarkable impression and a hell of a good name for itself based on its response to this tragedy. People in my community who don't know me but knew the car approach and ask me how is it going with the rebuild. I can't go to my favorite lunch spot or the hardware store without having a conversation about the car and what you all are doing and folks want to know how its coming along.

Your pile of parts are still sitting here in the exact spot coach set them in. I gotta send the shipper a text you might want to as well coach. Happy holidays :)

I'm just seeing this and didn't get a chance to donate, but if you have some parts needs and I have them they're yours. Or if you need help working on something.

This community has been very helpful to me. I wouldn't be where I am now on my GN if it weren't for this site and guys like Nasty!

I'm just up the road in BR I don't want to miss the boil either. Maybe by then my GN will be road worthy!

Last edited:
Your pile of parts are still sitting here in the exact spot coach set them in. I gotta send the shipper a text you might want to as well coach. Happy holidays :)
im watching this closely as well

If your ready...I'll try to contact him. We really need to get things going so it gets finished up.
I'm going to Pittsburgh on Monday to see both cars, and make a list of needed parts.

If your ready...I'll try to contact him. We really need to get things going so it gets finished up.
I'm going to Pittsburgh on Monday to see both cars, and make a list of needed parts.
Once you get that list made up Mike from Full throttle wants it so he can send us parts for the build!

Where's MY pile of parts????:mad:

Oh, wait, sorry, James, wrong number......I meant to call the Sex Shop down the way.....THEY have my pile of "parts" waiting..:eek:

Again, sorry, I must have dialed the wrong number. You be good, you hear?

Bruce '87 Grand National

OK guys I was hoping to be posting that the insurance was done but I am waiting on Hagerty now. I have faxed and emailed and telephoned them everything they say they need. They informed me that the underwriters will look it over and get back to me shortly. So as soon as I hear from them this will be a big move in the right direction.

I'm an agent for Hagerty. If you text me your quote number, I will call them tomorrow and get it finished up for you if you'd like :)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

has this happened yet?

Let me know about any small parts you might need. I may have things laying around that could be of use!

Zack

Well Guys,
I went to Pittsburgh today and saw the "charbroiled" car and the "New" car. We are getting close to posting a parts list. It was snowing very hard and it cut the day short. It's a 5 hour round trip for me. I snapped a few pics of the new car. It's a tad dusty but it is awesome.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1391473078.569623.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1391473093.528640.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1391473106.193711.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1391473119.949232.jpg

Very nice! We can't be doing this for a better guy. I needed a block for my new motor since mine got messed up. I was talking to clay and he mentioned he had one and If I needed it just come get it. Now I have my car up and running again thanks to Clay :)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app