help power window motor or switch

drive805

power window stopped working, took door apart took motor out tested it ...it worked... reinstalled, worked for up and down 3 times..... un plugged switch plugged back in worked for a few times not sure if its motor or switch how do i test to be sure which to replace...TIA

CHECK THE WIRING AT THE SWITCHES, BOTH SIDES,SOMETIMES THE WIRING IS CRACKED,AT THE PLUG(ONLY A FEW STRANDS HOLDING ON) I BELIEVE THE DRIVERS SIDE FEEDS THE PASS SIDE.. BEST OF LUCK..

Drivers or passenger side?

Usually it's the switch contacts.

If passenger side window it could be drivers or passenger side switch so further troubleshooting is necessary.

In the wife's 85, it wasn't the motor or switch. It was the contacts in the plug that plugs onto the back of the switch.
They had arced and made intermittent contact. That was a long time ago, I'm not sure if I just cleaned them
and they've been fine, or what. But I know I bought a switch and the problem kept coming back until I discovered the true cause.

took switch apart cleaned and tried again worked intermintant so picked up new motor works good but still an issue with switch on D side ...working on P side. so gonna pull apart D side and check and clean switch maybe get new switches thanks for help....