Help picking converter!

Adam Connell

Monster Truckin since 87'
Whats up guys?

Well, heres whats up.

My car is currently being turned into my daily driver again... or well at least daily drivable. I will have a true DD, but since I only drive 15-20 miles a day at most I think I should at least enjoy those 15 or 20 miles haha.

I have given up "racing" this car. I am thinking something in th 2800-3k stall range would be plenty. If I do upgrade my turbo it will be to a new "stock replacement size" billet BB turbo. So it should spool better than my current 3255. I am not giving up on this 3255 yet though, this little turbo screams, and I have not even tapped into it's true power yet.

Here's the deal: My Dad bought a Mazdaspeed 3, and ever since I have fallen in love with the near N/A feeling that the car has. When it's cold that little car has nearly zero lag.

So here's what Im after: Im running a Gt3255, and I want INSTANT power. I am currently running a stock d5 as far as I know. The lag is there for sure, but I know there are gains to be had from a lighter more efficient converter. I want the most efficient, reliable, upgrade over stock that behaves like stock. Basically I dont want to give up anything I already have, Im shooting for only gains not a trade off. The drive ability of the car is what I am shooting to improve with this upgrade.

Let me know you're thoughts! The car is currently getting a good ol' fashioned rebuild, so Im going through the whole powertrain right now making sure I dont have to do it again any time soon...

Get in contact with Dusty at PTC. He will set you up with a great converter.

I just bought one from Dusty. Its a 2800 10" L/U. The car is really fun now. Especially with my 6262 turbo.

I ran a zero pump Vigilante with a GT32 and the boost was instant. I also ran it was a 2800 stall 10" Neal Chance and the spool was instant too. I would just swap out the converter instead of going to a new turbo. A converter with a Gt32 is a blast on the street. Instant boost even on rolls from 2nd gear. I just upgraded to a 6262 billet. It spools good but not the like the 32 did. But it should pull harder up top and be faster at the track.

Get in contact with Dusty at PTC. He will set you up with a great converter.

I just bought one from Dusty. Its a 2800 10" L/U. The car is really fun now. Especially with my 6262 turbo.

i just bought one through him, great to deal with!!A+