Help on desideing what fuel pump

gnsrule

I need a fuel pump for the 86. How big is too big for a billit regulator ? Im looking at a BG King Sumo pump. I belive its rated at 1000 lbs/hr.@60 psi. I think a A-1000 aeromotive is rated at 500 lb/hr @45psi. I dont know about a Weldon. Im told the A-1000 is too small. With the BG pump around $420 compared to $650 for a Weldon, I think its worth looking at. I saw one at the NHRA nats and it sure looks serious.
How much fuel can the stock mount reg handle, irregardless of return line size, the hole in the reg is only like 1/4" (give or take, I dont have one in front of me right now.)
BTW, the BG pump is a continious duty pump :)

Thanks in advance

What kinda in fuel injecs do you have??? A double pumper from ATR can supply a heck of alot.

Im hopeing to go lo 10's if not in the 9's w/ the present combo. The car is a 86 GN w a stock block, girdle, caps, arp, JE, GTQ-70, Champ 14 bolt aluminums, TD pedestal roller rockers, 210/210 roller cam, FAST w/ 84's, PTE FM, 3500 9/11 converter, full billet PTS trans. This is going to be mainly a race car w/ ocasional street use.
Still to buy is a 9" w/ a spool, fuel system, 8pt cage,
And to think this all started w/ a $1500 car i drove home and was going to do a low budget $2k overhaul. Just dont tell my wife im a tad overbudget :rolleyes:
For what i got in it now and what its gonna be when done, i shoulda just bought Scott Simpsoms killer car for $45k and gone 7's. I'm at a touch over 20k now and i still need a fuel cell and pump, rear end, tires and rims and a paint job. I can see this going into the 30k range. Wow, it just hit me..I finally found something more expensive than my wife :eek: :eek: :eek:
Over this winter, I do plan on building a 4.1 block, steel crank if i can find one fairly cheap short block for a spare. Any coments on the 4.1 would be apreciated also. I already have the 4.1 core along w/ 2 more 3.8's and 1 more crank. The 4.1 is for the 86, a 3.8 is for the 87, and a spare 3.8 for whatevers next...i still got my eye on a 85 hot air, new interior, new mint paint but still hot air for around 4k. W/ all my spare stuff, i could convert it to I/C and something else to beat on besides the 87.
Sorry for the lengthy post, but im burnd out from wurkin 70 frickin hrs/wk all year, my mind gets ramblin :rolleyes: ;) :p :D :) :cool:

Noone has any ideas ??
Anyone know what a Weldon 2025 pump is rated at ?? At least I know a billit reg can bypass enuff for them.
Does Weldon have website ?? I havent found it if they do