Help!!!!! New Engine Won't Start Need Help

butternut Ttype

got everthing hooked up I'm trying to start it I have reset cam sensor 3 times motor will start somtimes but you can nt rev it up to break the cam in and pops throu intake any help would be greatly appreciated this is the first time i've had one of these so it's new to me also anybody live in the cartersville,GA area that might won't to help thanks

If it's a flat tappet cam, don't keep trying to start it until you figure out what's wrong. You need to keep it running to break the cam in properly. Do you have fuel pressure? Double check that your spark plug wires are routed properly.

Check here:

Attachments

• Wires_Coil_Connection.jpg
    Wires_Coil_Connection.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 266
got it running and was able to break cam in but it still seems that the timming is to high it does not turn over smothly it sounds like a car with a dist. and the timming is to high I guess the cam sensor needs to be moved one tooth one way or the other

I know nothing about this car I bought it with a blown motor all I do know is that it has a chip for 93 octane fuel and now the starter took a sh*t so I will have to wait till tomorrow

well I put it in once with the motor out thought it was right after the motor was in I had to pull it out to prime oil pump put it back in just like it came out after trying to start it it sounded like it was 180 off so all over again I brougnt it back to top dead center to reinstall it again thats when I was able to get it started and broke cam in I still think it's one tooth off advanced I was able to get a new starter today so I'll see when I get home thanks for the help

well I put it in once with the motor out thought it was right after the motor was in I had to pull it out to prime oil pump put it back in just like it came out after trying to start it it sounded like it was 180 off so all over again I brougnt it back to top dead center to reinstall it again thats when I was able to get it started and broke cam in I still think it's one tooth off advanced I was able to get a new starter today so I'll see when I get home thanks for the help
It should be around 25 dedgres ATDC. Ive done it at least 50 times on different cars and it always worked. If its off by one tooth you could just turn it a little with it idleing and it will clear up if you turn it in the right direction. It should still be set properly though. I usually install it with the cap off to get the visual of where the interupter ring is positioned when the sensor is seated. If im off a tooth or 2 i just turn the oil pump drive a little with a screwdriver and re-install and check the interupter location again. Once the proper location is attained i put the cap on and set the sensor 25 degrees ATDC.

All right it's me again with my never ending saga of the buick well I got it running now the new problem is it won't idle you can hold it about 1200 rpm and it will stay running but it acts like it has a miss my be running alittle rich but not two bad and it seams to rev up good I was talking to a friend of mine that has a pretty bad ass ttype and we were going throu the readings on the scanmaster and everthing looked good enough to run good and then he told me to unplug the mass air and it pretty much ran the same as it did other than it would rev very slowly like it was running very lean when I plugged it back in and reset the computer it would do the same thing as when it was unplugged do you all think it needs a new mass air or maybe something else fuel pressure is set at 43# with vaccum hose hooked up and all other sensors look to be set right i'm glan my next project has a carb and dist.:eek: :biggrin: thanks for listening