Help me pick right turbo

hungerbuhler1

Alright guys i need to find right turbo for my car. Afraid my current one is going. (starting to smoke) Motor was just assembled and ran a few passes trying to see what it had. Everything in signature is current.

My 3rd pass was this if it helps.
60' 1.78
330 4.62
1/8 7.016
mph 102.69
1000 9.08
1/4 10.84
mph 128.25

This was at 24#'s very fat and im planning on turning it up to high 20's and leaning it out some when im ready if that helps at all. I need to work on 60' but top end feels real strong and keeps pulling pretty hard.
Thanks for help

Alright guys i need to find right turbo for my car. Afraid my current one is going. (starting to smoke) Motor was just assembled and ran a few passes trying to see what it had. Everything in signature is current.

My 3rd pass was this if it helps.
60' 1.78
330 4.62
1/8 7.016
mph 102.69
1000 9.08
1/4 10.84
mph 128.25

This was at 24#'s very fat and im planning on turning it up to high 20's and leaning it out some when im ready if that helps at all. I need to work on 60' but top end feels real strong and keeps pulling pretty hard.
Thanks for help

Rebuild the turbo you have now.

I thinking you're jumping to conclusions...how do you know it's the turbo that's causing the smoke?

If you need a new turbo, I am leaning towards a 6766. Give me a call at your convenience and we can go over all the details to see that is what you truly need.
Cell(321)863-2303

Let us know what you opted for when you pull the trigger. I see members w/ similar combos going with the new 6466. IF & when I ever step up it will be the 6466. I believe they will move mid-high 9 sec air on a purpose built combo.

Let us know what you opted for when you pull the trigger. I see members w/ similar combos going with the new 6466. IF & when I ever step up it will be the 6466. I believe they will move mid-high 9 sec air on a purpose built combo.

The 6466 is a powerful turb0, but quite pricey since it only comes BB and only with a "S" ported cover

I vote BB over standard journal, whatever size you pick. Or is that obvious these days and I have been gone for a while? BB is better right?

BB is a nice option for the street but expensive for what it is. The Journal bearing on a motor that is tuned right and has the right converter is the best bang for the buck in my eyes. I cant justify a $1000.00 bearing

Bryan

Yeah, I do like the characteristics of the BB on the street with my N/L 2800 sc.

Rebuilding the 45a if its the issue is the most economical. The billet 6766 would be a nice upgrage, but the ball bearing thing....pass!