Help! Just bought 87 GN Dies Won't Start

Supposedly it had "new 55lb injectors and a TT chip" I just ordered 60lb flow matched injectors and a 5.7 chip from TurboTweak so I'll install those and we'll see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

55s are high impedance injectors and require a modded ecm to run correctly. Check and make sure what injectors you have.. I have a good 55 TT chip you can use for trouble shooting Dustin.

I don't think I've ever heard of 55# injectors installed on a unmofified buick ECM. You'll be happy with those 60's and a more modern chip.

When you get your actual TurboTweak chip you'll notice it has a white sticker and says 'TT' on it with your octane and specifics.

You said you replaced the coil pack early on, did you keep the same ignition module?

I just picked up another Buick and am having trouble. Car runs great very smooth and plenty of power. I drive it about 20 miles and it dies, tried to start it and it backfires. I waited about 20 minutes and it starts right up and runs smooth. I just ordered a scan master so I'll have a little more info from that in a couple days to share. Any help is much appreciated!

Check the crank sensor
My be getting hot.
When u get the chip and injectors (get it running)
Get your self a can of compressed air . Let it run till it dies
Hold the can upside down and spray the sensor for a second
Try restarting the car .

I had the same issue .
This was my problem. Hope it helps

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Today I put my new chip and injectors on the car. Did the same thing the second it switched to closed loop. I replaced the O2 sensor and everything is A OK now.

It did idle in open loop WAAAY better with the MAF Translator and LS1 MAF so I guess it was a combination of those two things.

The car is finally running GREAT. It was way better with the new O2 sensor and the MAF and Translator, both definitely helped with idle and a smooth increase of throttle. Today I put a known good coil and ICM on and it's good to go. Yesterday I thought it was fixed but when it heated up and cooled down it started running rough and died. The ignition part must have had a heat crack or something. I can't wait to get my TR6!

Thanks, I just wanted to get it running right before I start on swapping the motor, trans, turbo and XFI. I want to do one thing at a time to help reduce my process of elimination if something doesn't work out...or when it doesn't work out

The car is finally running GREAT. It was way better with the new O2 sensor and the MAF and Translator, both definitely helped with idle and a smooth increase of throttle. Today I put a known good coil and ICM on and it's good to go. Yesterday I thought it was fixed but when it heated up and cooled down it started running rough and died. The ignition part must have had a heat crack or something. I can't wait to get my TR6!

Normally at ignition module fails with a hot running condition first. Sometimes they flat out die, but most of the time they flake out at temp (and cause bad stuff at speed).

Glad you found the problem.