help? i posted backfire problem need help cam sensor

robztheman

Hello guys,
I am back with a few questions. i was or am having a problem with my car backfiring. I unplugged cam sensor and no more backfire. so i bought a new one. I just got under the hood and was going to pull old one. I took the cap off and it looked new so i said what the hell and plugged in the cam tool. the led lit up so i put cap back on. i noticed on the harmonic balancer the previous owner scribed a mark. which is no where close to 25deg. this is where the cam sensor was set. I put the tape on balancer and realigned cam sensor to where the directions say it should be. See the car was running fine then cam sensor went out so i thought. Please help Don't know where to go from here. I guess drive the car and see what it does?
Help

Thanks
:confused:

yes the piston was up. see what gets me is on the harmonic balancer he engraved a mark where the cam sensor was set to. The car ran fine when i bought it. then out of no where it started the backfiring. But that doesn't change the fact that the cam sensor was not set where it is supposed to be set. @ 25 deg.

re: no more back fire

Ok cars not backfiring anymore but i cant get this out of my head. Why my car was running great and then started backfiring. Reset cam sensor and it quit the backfiring. I guess there is no sense of worring about it, but i just want to know how it could run so good with the cam sensor way out. why would it of been set that way, and then out of no where the backfiring.