HELP HELP Misfire or something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mongoose87

mongoose87
Please I need help, My 87 GN will hesitate every time I put it in drive and try to accelerate. I will backfire like crazy, and smokes blue, wideband will read rich to lean rich to lean about 5 times then shut off. I had it checked at Firestone and they tried but no luck!!!

What I have done:
New: 2 Coil packs both working
New: Coil module also working
New: MAF and I also have MAF translator New
New: Wires and Plugs
New: MAP sensor
New: Crank Sensor
New: TPS Sensor
New: IAC Sensor
New:Fuel Pump ( Aeromotive stealth)
Hot wire kit was new 7 years old
Volt booster 7 years old
New: 42 lbs injectors with Turbo Tweak chip
49 TA turbo
100lbs Valve springs about 2 years old

Please please help!!!!!!!1

check the outlet of the turbo for oil residue, also check the exhaust side of the turbo by pulling the downpipe away. Whats the story with the cam sensor...new used original never touched it?

Im not sure how much faith I would put in Firestone with these cars....def check for the oil residue, but I would check the up pipe. Keep us posted

blue smoke is oil. pull all 6 plugs lay them next to each other and see if one (or two) looks odd....

Consistency and organization will help. .

In addition to what Mr. Brown suggested I would take it a step further and mark on the ceramic of the plug with a sharpie what cylinder they came from.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

For heavens sake don't go to Firestone for repairs! Your in Ft Hood, Texas; there must be someone in the TB community that can help you.

Can you drive car and did you do all the work at one time ? What translator, size maf , chip ?

Never touch the cam sensor! Firestone tested all the sensors and they are all working!

If it ante black and round they have no clue. Lol.

But no really. The big question is

( What were u doing when this started )
This can help us help you. !!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

So I moved to Maryland and I will be taking it to Anderson Performance soon! But all the stuff has been on the car except for all the NEW thing that were added because of the problem, one day just driving normal from work it just started and I was able to baby it home, and the mission started. I have researched for hours and tried many thing, i am at a stand still now. The CAM sensor will be put in today and see what that does, I also have the CAM sensor tool. So wish me luck!

How many miles on the car.
Maybe the plastic teeth on the timing chain finally let go . !!!!
At idle its fine. But under load is when it happens rite. ??

Yes, so my CAM sensor was not set right, maybe it's my timing chain teeth like 1fastcobra suggested.

Thanks for all the help!!!!!! I will do a follow up when it get to Anderson's

How many miles on the car.
Maybe the plastic teeth on the timing chain finally let go . !!!!
At idle its fine. But under load is when it happens rite. ??