Help car wont start

Future-GN-Owner

Boostaholic
Alright well last week after deciding to sell the car she started acting up. I put on a new ignition control module and coil pack and adjusted the TPS and today the car was running great like always. I drove to my dads and as I went to leave now the car wont start (cranks over great but does not even try start). I think she is mad that I am selling her and acting up :tongue: I can hear the fuel pump running and have pressure at the rail. I still need to check for spark but I would hope thats okay since I just replaced the packs and module. One odd thing I noticed is when I turn the key on the Scanmaster powers up says 2.1 then just turns off. Usually it stays on and I can check some settings. Figured I would try and get some ideas from you guys while I try and check for spark. *** EDIT just checked and I am getting spark*** Matt

Have you checked your cam sensor reluctor ring and check injector with a noid light see if it flashes

holy cow I have the exact same problem, I have fuel pressure at the rail and good spark. Just turns over but no start. my sancmaster dies off too sometimes and then is good other times. I am trying to check my cam sensor but dont know how..... I am reading in the service manual but it is really beyond me. I have already changed the battery and the bat terminals so I know I have good voltage. any progress would be great to hear about. thanks, Jarre.d

No scanmaster data would suggest a ECM or (wire) connection issue. Turbot990 makes a good suggestion or try another ECM that is known to work.

x2 on the ecm issue. But may not be the ecm its self. Could be power to the ecm, like a blown fuse. Whichever, it indicates the ecm has no power.
Cam sensor issue wouldn't kill the data to your scanmaster. You scanmaster is getting zero data.

This is true check that orange wire at poss batt or the ecm fuse in the fuse block under the drivers side of the dash with a test light i have seen the ecm terminal mold and not get a good connection were the ecm wireing harness plugs into the ecm just a thought

Something to check while you're at it...the ground from the battery to the fender and the ground from the rear of the intake plenum to the firewall. Check the battery ground to the engine block too. The 87 T I just bought back in Dec didn't have the main ground cable attached to the head and the entire car was starting and running through the small wire from the neg cable to the fender.:eek: How it done that I have no clue...but fortunately it was working.

wow no chit

who hell did that :eek: good thing you found that you ever seen a shifter cable ground futs it all up :eek:

I don't have any idea of how long the cable was off but the end of ground cable had dirt on it. By the way it looked it must have been off for a long time. That small ground wire was melted slightly which made me look at the main B- attachment to the head. The lady was the original owner and never modified the car at all...probably never drove it hard either.