HEI V6 distributor Q's

I kinda figured that.. I just didn't want to spend the extra $ to buy a 'new' one.

BUT, they do sell a Pertronic point replacement unit for the oddfire..?:D

I'd like to see what it looks like

ANywho, the thing that gets me on the 90/120 is that to me it shouldn't matter to what raised section opens the contacts. It only sends current/sparks when the points open, then once that current 'arcs' there's no more until it closes again (dwell time) to wait to open and on and on.

It doesn't continue to arc during that 120deg does it? I mean, the next rotor contact point isn't right next to it.. It's evenly spaced around the cap. And the numbers that are molded into the cap are just 123456.?
(Pssst.. What's the firing order of these? it's either above or 165432)

Another thing. I did like the cast headers though. I'll bet the ports are tiny. They would look nice Jet-hot coated.:rolleyes:

E

I had to look at my book again to make sure I gave you the right info. It's 90 and 150 degrees on the firing position. Even fire is every 120 degrees. You'd have one heck of a time trying to get it to run without backfiring.

Low port heads have a much smaller port and I lost my pics due to my puter crashing. Sorry about that.

I KNOW.. Dang-it.. Well, now i gots one to sell..

I'm up wif da hi port stuff yo.

(sorry, this place gets to me, and I have to vent)

Too bad that I can't take it back for a credit.

Thanks again for your help.. You must have 3 of you to answer all these posts that I read.

Hey, So what's the firing order? 123456 or 165432?

E

The cap on this odd fire was throwing me. they are just 1-6 consecutive around the cap, molded in.
E

Look on the inside of it and you should see offsets in the pins where the fire jumps from the rotor to the tips on the cap.