• yes

Votes: 17 94.4%
  • no

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

geno

9sec 17MPG Street Car
Staff member
This would be a class for any turbo powered car or truck:) Id try to get one sponsor for this class to payout only to the winner.It wont effect our payouts from the Buick sponsorship money to the Buick car owners running the regular classes(11:50 and slower/11:49 to 10:00 and 9.99 and faster). Also all cars or trucks in headsup have to run a least 9.5???? during time trials to make it into elimations :biggrin: This would let other turbo charged cars run in a class that wont effect the core group of GN guys this race is about.We all like racing or friends in other Buicks but i would love to see other cars run in our event without watering down the GN side of this event. What about making our dial in classes Buick Turbo only and making that side of the race devoted to us Buck guys:cool: To me a fast turbo car is cool no matter what badge it has on it..

Gene, I think that's a great idea, it eliminates any potential problems before they start. It will open things up for more cars and keep the original T-Type, GN, Syclone and Typhoon arena intact. I had a great time running at TT7 last year and look forward to attending TT8 this year! Personally I like the heads up deal, even if it means that I'll probably have my ass handed to me (I really suck at bracket racing too!):D

Jimmy

Gene,

I think the headsup class is a good idea.. I know this event is mostly for the GN guys, but it would be cool if other cars could compete. Would you guys allow turbo imports if they were faster than a 9.5??? We are in no means trying to step on toes, just looking for some good racing. :) :)

Tim

Tim, when I talked to Gene on Saturday that's what we were thinking. As long as it can run the number its in! I was going to PM you yesterday on the other board but alcohol and football got in the way!

Jimmy

7 and 0 so far in favor of a headsup class with any power plant and a 9.5 cutoff or you cant compete:D

I voted yes fr4om a spectater point!:eek:

What he said!

Last year was awesome for sure...can't wait to see what this year brings. I know there are a handful of guys here in the Portland area building turbo cars I hope they get up there this year and run em.

you dont have to ask how i voted do ya?

ive put the word out on the local racing board ......i know of at least 2 idaho import guys that will fit this class!!!!!! maybe 3 or 4:eek:

im working on a friends talon that just may be able to run in this class if not i still would like to see it happen

What he said!

Last year was awesome for sure...can't wait to see what this year brings. I know there are a handful of guys here in the Portland area building turbo cars I hope they get up there this year and run em.

I wanted to call you and ask what you thought about this?
You are one of the original founders of this event and i don't want to take it in a direction you don't approve of:biggrin:

Im all for it,Well from a spectators view:smile:

We would love to have you come up again,but it would be really cool to watch you race your car car....:cool: Drag it up here and run it with us:) I hope you do come back this year even if its without your car:cool: