Heads lifted and blew, pics inside!

No problem I went to the translator pro you can feed the LC-1 WB information to it. It’s a nice set up. I have to admit I did it more to go to a speed density set up so I could have a cleaner look under the hood then performance.

Still Searching

Just got informed that my injectors are OK. I had Chuck flow test before and after cleaning them and did not find anything. Does anyone know where I should look next? Could it be in the chip, translator, or map sensor?

Thanks,

Rick

How does the wiring for the injectors look ? Could it be a wiring issue.

Still Searching

The wiring appears to be OK but I think I'm going to buy a new injector harness just to be safe. I have talked to several people and each one has something different so I'm not sure which way to go. It could be the chip which I'm going to change with Steves. It could be the translator, MAF not sure which. When I get it back together I'll use the process of elimination with Steves parts that we know are good. Not sure why mine aren't good they are all new!!

If you were running the same set up as me you could swap out some parts with me to test with but im using the translator pro. I have an extra injector harness not new but worked when I took it off the car. I moved a bunch of wiring around so I went with a new one so I would have more wire to work with.

I read and reread this thread, which adjustable fuel regulator are you using?
What type of fuel pressure gage are you using, can you tape it to your windshield? I have the fuel gage on the flex hose so I can tape it to the windshield, other then that I only use it to set the pressure at idle, vacuum line off 43 psi.
You definetly have a lean condition, and my exsperience tells me to check the gage taped to the windshield while building boost. You need to see one pound of pressure for every pound of boost.
0 boost = 43 psi @ fuel rail
10 boost should = 53 psi
20 boost = 63 psi
Each time I went lean so far it was the fuel pump on the way out.

Chuck

I'm using the billet aluminum regulator from Kirban performance. I have attached a fuel gauge to the hood, had fuel pressure set @ 43 psi (VAC OFF) and ran about 17-18 psi boost and had 60 psi fuel pressure during the entire time I was under boost. The 1,2,6 cylinders are whats giving me the problems. The first time the head gaskets blew, the second time they just pushed to the water jackets to get water in the oil and that was under 14 psi boost using alky injection. I have Zero nock according to scanmaster. I am going to install wideband before I drive the car again. I have changed the computer to another I know works properly and does not have any effect. I can add fuel thru the TT chip or the translator and does not change the o2s during any rpm or WOT. I have never changed the chip to another one which is what I'm going to do this weekend. It is driving me crazy.

Thanks,

Rick

I have used two different fuel gauges and both read the same fuel pressure. One is new and the other is known good.

Thanks, Rick