Having a problem with the low alky light on the SMC kit

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
Ok this thing is weird...some days the system works like it should...when the tank is actually 1/3 full the red light comes on like it should...

but then some days i will have the tank FULL and that light will happen to just randomly come on...

NOW i have the tank filled a little over half way and the red light is PARTIALLY lit up...the red light is very dim but not fully bright...uhhhh ok...

so what is going on here???

Do you have the RCA connectors on top. Clean them with a scotchbrite pad and put a little dielectric grease on them and see if that solves your problem.
Tarey D.

Originally posted by GN ERGY
Do you have the RCA connectors on top. Clean them with a scotchbrite pad and put a little dielectric grease on them and see if that solves your problem.
Tarey D.

Yup... or you have a sticking float.

d0n_3d, one of my buddies cars with the high blm's we ran top engine clearner through it yesterday. Crack in drivers side header showed the smoke. Funny you cant hear it..probably cuase its sucking air in.

Originally posted by Razor
Yup... or you have a sticking float.

d0n_3d, one of my buddies cars with the high blm's we ran top engine clearner through it yesterday. Crack in drivers side header showed the smoke. Funny you cant hear it..probably cuase its sucking air in.

yeah i will be trying that soon...i THINK i am still getting the same blm problem but i can't verify because my scan tool is kinda broke (laptop)...

i found that my back plenum bolt was almost completely loose and there was oil and air leaking around the back of the plenum...so i fixed that and now it seems the car runs good...i just can't verify if the blms changed or not yet...i have a brand new poston's ds header so it can't be that...maybe i have a leak on the pass side but i checked everywhere for a crack and couldn't find one...well see what top engine clean uncovers :)

GM Top Engine Cleaner , how do I use this ???

do they sell it at any random autoparts store?

thanks

Having a problem with the low alky light on the SMC kit.

This works for me. Fill the tank side of the RCA conector with WD-40 to displace moisture then blow out (what you can)the WD-40.

Non weather proof exposed connectors on top of an alcohol bottle is a sure fire problem waiting to happen.

I had silicon boots over the brass fittings when I had my kit and never experienced any more issues. Connectors packed with dialectric grease. Wires for pump hard wired(soldered) and packed in clear silicon rubber.

HTH