Hate On Dodge All You Want, But The Hellcat Is Not Playing Around... (Dyno Numbers Inside)

DJ Red Barron

Door-To-Door Pipelayer
A buddy of mine picked up a M6 Hellcat a few weeks ago. Here's a screen shot of the stock 675.99 HP / 606.83 TQ dyno numbers.

2015DodgeChallengerHellcatM6StockDyno.jpg

:jawdrop:

The car itself:
2015DodgeChallengerHellcatM6.jpg

Just plain weak. What a horrible torque curve. I can't believe it doesn't hit 500 lb/ft at the wheels until 2700 RPM . This thing must be a total slouch out of the hole. :D

Lol
Car is sick yet to see one here in ny

Have heard there might be a track hawk cherokee from my buddy whos a srt8 guy

Performance wise yes it's a nice car but the look of it is not really eye catching to me, and I'm not saying that cause I am a die hard GM fan and employee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just plain weak. What a horrible torque curve. I can't believe it doesn't hit 500 lb/ft at the wheels until 2700 RPM . This thing must be a total slouch out of the hole. :D
Slow out of the hole like the Buick unless you know how to drive. Wonder how long in time it took to get to 500 fi/lbs? When comparing them side by side at SEMA the Hellcat Charger was nicer. I would love to have either one.

Last edited:
Slow out of the hole like the Buick unless you know how to drive. Wonder how long in time it took to get to 500 fi/lbs? When comparing them side by side at SEMA the Hellcat Charger was nicer. I would love to have either one.

I was being sarcastic. ;)

Attachments

• clear[2].png
    clear[2].png
    137 bytes · Views: 196
Why did they not rev higher? Torque wasn't dropping much and still picking up hp

Without doubt it is impressive , and even though $60k is a lot of money , I think that is a good deal for what you get with those cars Challenger or Charger . Myself , I like the Charger better.

its a nice ride! 10 sec passes and dodge will fix it if it breaks(y)
You hope. Remember when the Lancer Evo guys were doing 6,000rpm clutch dumps at the strip to compete with the STi guys and blowing diffs? Mitsubishi was denying warranty claims of it could be proven they were drag races at a strip....

Hopefully Dodge doesn't pull that crap...

Dodge fixing it would be my worry. I like them both, but can see Dodge saying Drag Radials void the warranty. No, I wouldn't rolling in the dealer with them on, but I bet the "Lab" finds the rubber compound in the wheel well to be different from the stock tires. Besides, upgrades will come soon and void the rest of the powertrain warranty anyway.

The guys that buy cars like this aren't worried about it breaking or voiding their warranty.

GM & Ford are as likely to deny a warranty claim for racing as Dodge. That's just the nature of modding a car now. Personally, I'd be ok knocking on the door of 10s in bone stock form until the warranty runs out. :)

The guys that buy cars like this aren't worried about it breaking or voiding their warranty.

I beg to differ. This car is gonna temp some mid-life crisis potential Vette buyer. Guys are gonna or pissed if they do absolutely no mods and take it to the track a few times, mess something up, and end up having to foot the bill because the warranty doesn't cover what they would define as "abuse". Someone's hard earned cash is just that. A recent retiree that buys himself a 60,000 present isn't gonna want to shell out another 5, 10, 20,000 on a denied warranty claim because something broke while he was trying to get a 10 second time slip.

Not saying they would deny the claim, but it's been done before (case in point, Lancer Evo)

I beg to differ. This car is gonna temp some mid-life crisis potential Vette buyer. Guys are gonna or pissed if they do absolutely no mods and take it to the track a few times, mess something up, and end up having to foot the bill because the warranty doesn't cover what they would define as "abuse". Someone's hard earned cash is just that. A recent retiree that buys himself a 60,000 present isn't gonna want to shell out another 5, 10, 20,000 on a denied warranty claim because something broke while he was trying to get a 10 second time slip.

Not saying they would deny the claim, but it's been done before (case in point, Lancer Evo)
That's a risk anyone takes running a car on a drag strip, regardless of the vehicle manufacturer.