Has anyone used this?

BUICK GN

I was wondering if anyone has used this product and how they liked it? Any and all info would be great. Below is the description from RJC web page.
Thanks Matt

RJC BOOST CONTROLLER

Mounted in line between the boost source and the waste gate actuator. As boost enters it is the pressure is blocked from reaching the actuator until a set adjustable pressure then it "pulses" letting boost presser through to the actuator to control boost.

The factory boost control system on a Buick is adequate for stock hp levels. When upping the boost in search for more hp we run into a problem. Once we have shortened the rod to achieve 20 plus pounds of boost the actuator is shortened to the point it has no more travel. By letting this boost controller control the amount of boost the waste gate actuator sees boost creep is literally eliminated.

Normally the waste gate actuator is progressive. This means that if you have your boost set at 15lbs. max. the waste gate puck is partially open at 10lbs. It then opens more as the boost increases until it is fully open at 15lbs. With our boost controller it is no longer progressive The actuator does not see any pressure until the controlled lets it. This means when you set the boost at 15lbs the actuator stays shut until 15lbs then it fully opens.

Because the boost comes on so much sooner and at a lower RPM you can now run a larger turbo with less lag than you normally would have. This mod is not just for race cars. Because the controller makes the turbo respond quicker the car "feels" allot stronger. It basically feels like you have added 50 more hp when all you have done is better manage and apply the boost you have been wasting.

RJC #BC-$55.00

I 'm guessing that 70% of folks here are using it. I use an HKS digital controller, kinada the same. Leaves the wastegate closed till I want it to crack.
Good mod!

Awsome product,order the powerplate at the same time.:biggrin:I think the boost controller was the best thing for the dollar I have bought yet:cool:

Kevin

Is this the best/easiest way to control the turbo?????????:confused:

There are many ways to control your turbo's wastegate, but the easiest and most tried and true method seems to be this one. Lots of Buick dudes run this product. Add alky injection when you turn it up!:D

!!!!!!

Alky is my next item I am wanting to purchase. I have been reading up on all the different kits and people feedback.

Hi

questions here

it work well with a delta gate ?

same connection as a stock actuator ?

it need a soft spring ?

many thanks !

claude