hardest post I ever made here

FlyinGN

all show no go
You would not believe how tough this post is but my GN has been sold to a very happy new owner.. I have had a lot of sleepless nights in the last few weeks.. I have been here almost since the beginning and have met many people that I would consider good friends. Many have helped me thru problems I have had with the car (luckily it has been very few) and I have ‘seen’ many people come and go here and others ‘grow’ into TR experts while on the board.. I never really liked to get into the controversial posts that happen from time to time here but have read most of them.. I mostly posted in the TR related threads that I could add something to help someone. I have been to many cars shows and many TR only events. Met a lot of amazing people.. Its something that you never forget.. and I never will. I loved the GN and always will but I needed a change… This car was a BIG part of my and my families life and its soo odd that its not here anymore.. I showed it for many years and was very thankful to receive many trophies for the hard work I did on the car… I sorta got tired of the car show thing and it seemed in the last few years that was the only reason the GN ever saw the light of the day was to show it.. I lost the reason I originally bought it.. To enjoy it.. I was just too damn nervous that someone was gonna hit it, that it became less and less enjoyable to take out.. This was our dream car for many years and wanted a GN since they were new in 87.. It took a lot of thinking and pondering on selling, but I decided to let it go.. Maybe someday I will get another…. I had the car for over 10 years and I drove it 6500 miles. The first few years were most of the miles in fact. That goes to show you have little I drove it.. I will always love TR’s and hope everyone understands where I am coming from.. I know quite a few people were very concerned why I was selling it.. Everything is good folks..  Just want a change.. I’ll still be here… reading and enjoying this forum.. I just wanted to explain were I was at on this change in my life.. Thanks to all...

with time we all have different "dreams" leave us to move on to new adventures:biggrin: . I have NEVER looked back after I sold any of my "toys" . Get something you want to DRIVE and enjoy while your still here is good health to enjoy it !! :biggrin:

You can always get another one - you didn't drive it much anyway:D

I have had mine for 12 years and it has over 150k on it - it may not be the nicest GN out there but I love to drive it. Old paint and a few dings makes it much easier to use it as a daily driver = not worrying about it all the time.

Good luck with your next adventure.

I lost the reason I originally bought it.. To enjoy it.. I was just too damn nervous that someone was gonna hit it, that it became less and less enjoyable to take out.
I know exactly how you feel. I bought my wife our first one for a daily driver because I was tired of buying a car that depreciated so quickly, so I bought her a 19k mile car. she drove it for a few months then it sat in the garage. we sold it about 1 1/2 years ago, bought a C5 & have not looked back, the C5 is nothing more than a $18,000 car that gets 30+mpg (when she drives it), it's fun to drive, & we can still get most of our $ out of it when it's time to trade up.

oh now that I have been Buickless for a while (still have the Buick/Mazda) the wife asked me what would I really like to buy ... I couldn't answer her :eek: I think about getting an old muscle car , then a new muscle car, then just jump in my beater and drive off not giving any car a thought :p

I think the new Pontiac G8 GXP is 402 HP. Might be something to consider. Will cost more than the base one which is $29,900. Could be the modern day GN. :D

amen brother..

with time we all have different "dreams" leave us to move on to new adventures:biggrin: . I have NEVER looked back after I sold any of my "toys" . Get something you want to DRIVE and enjoy while your still here is good health to enjoy it !! :biggrin:

Enjoy life bud! You have been a great member of this communitty and had one of the best looking TR's I have ever seen! Good luck with your new trail where ever it takes you! Stay around though, once you go dark you always come back:biggrin: :biggrin:

Go buy a beater GN that you can have fun with. A 100k mile, te44, alky driver. My GN has 200k miles on it, and I don't worry about it. It looks good (did until Wilma, getting fixed) and I don't worry about miles, chips, dirt, rain, its a fun beater that turns a lot of heads.

If you don't mind, why did you decide to sell your car? Are you buying another car? Or needed the money for a home project??

Hopefully its a second car. 'verts are fun, but don't park them in a public parking garage, you'll come back to a nice hole in the top and everything stolen out of the car. They get warm in the sun (im in lauderdale). My brother has a 40k mile 97SS camaro. He drops the top a couple of times a year, its too hot to drop the top down here, maybe a couple of weeks out of the year. Just don't tell us you're getting a BMW convertible!!

yea its garage only 3rd car actually. And no its not a Bimmer:)

Hopefully its a second car. 'verts are fun, but don't park them in a public parking garage, you'll come back to a nice hole in the top and everything stolen out of the car. They get warm in the sun (im in lauderdale). My brother has a 40k mile 97SS camaro. He drops the top a couple of times a year, its too hot to drop the top down here, maybe a couple of weeks out of the year. Just don't tell us you're getting a BMW convertible!!

a convertible it is. My family and I decided that. its not a mid life thing. My family and I decided..

Sold ur GN to get a covertible ???:confused: Looks like a midlife crisis :eek: jk man enjoy life. There's more out there than TRs. Good luck :cool:

Just out of curiousty- what kind of vert are you looking into? a musclecar vert or ??? I'm curious, cause I love verts too.... (I'm thinking like you and feeling like selling a GN to buy a vert as well....)

you have a pm

Just out of curiousty- what kind of vert are you looking into? a musclecar vert or ??? I'm curious, cause I love verts too.... (I'm thinking like you and feeling like selling a GN to buy a vert as well....)