hardest post I ever made here

I've got 2 TA verts and love driving both of them almost more than the GN. I drive the '95 daily. Never had a problem with anyone cutting the top to steal whats inside and its been daily driven for over 10 years. If you don't get careless with what you leave out in the open its no prob...if there's something in there someone wants, they'll get it no matter what type of car it is.
Enjoy, you have been a great asset to this board and you are probably one of the ones that helped me along when I was a newbie at working on these cars many years ago. I have owned my GN since 1991, but didn't discover this board until 2000 or so and I hadn't done much to the GN at that point to need tech advice...now is a different story..

Enjoy your new ride and don't be a stranger around here...cheers!

I understand exactly where you are coming from. Seems like I spend more time convincing myself not to drive it, rather than enjoying it. Almost seems better off to get a car that I wouldn't feel guilty for beating on. But I'm not quite tired of it yet!

Hey you can always get TTA with t tops and still have the buick driveline!! I must say I have owned over 60 cars so far, alot of muscle cars 4 converts, but I bought a TTA a few month ago, took the ttops off and they have not been back on since, I love the car and the lack of roof!! Good luck with whatever your choice, drive what you buy so you can enjoy it!!

Your thread reminds me of why I haven't put that SHOW CAR paint job on mine yet. Well, besides $$$. :D

I want to DRIVE my car, and not freak out over any new ding or chip it gets when I take it out. Car looks real good, considering it's age. But if I take that next step and put the finish I dream of on it, it will NEVER get out of the garage....adn that would SUCK. These cars are meant to be drivien, screw the garage show-queens. If the day ever comes where I won't just go hop in and take a spin across town because I have to "preserve it", I'll sell it.

I respect your decision. Get yourself something you are comfortable taking out to enjoy.

WOW Frank I had no idea!! Very sad to hear. Hope you'll stick around with the GN croud for a bit. But I do understand your reasoning. It was great to meet you and the family last summer. Your still welcome at my place any time your in town.

Best wishes to you Frank!

I think you got tired of the car since there's nothing left to do on it. Why don't you pick up another TR/GN as a side project! :cool:

Sorry to see you go Frank.:frown: Knew this was coming and know how you feel right now. When I sold my 66 Chevelle and closed the garage door for the first time without it there and heard that echo in the there, that sound stays with me today! Still regret selling that car, had it for 20 years.

Wouldn't have started my business if I didn't sell it and get the GN so I guess everything works out for the best. I entertained the idea of selling my GN last year to buy a friends 55 Chevy but just couldn't go thru with it.

Did you end up selling it to that guy in CT?????? Told him he wouldn't go wrong buying your car.:smile:

hey mark. no. he did not buy it. He wanted to come down and see it but that just never happened.. He was too busy with his business etc etc and he just could not find the time to make the trip.
Thanks for the lead anyway bud..:)

Sorry to see you go Frank.:frown: Knew this was coming and know how you feel right now. When I sold my 66 Chevelle and closed the garage door for the first time without it there and heard that echo in the there, that sound stays with me today! Still regret selling that car, had it for 20 years.

Wouldn't have started my business if I didn't sell it and get the GN so I guess everything works out for the best. I entertained the idea of selling my GN last year to buy a friends 55 Chevy but just couldn't go thru with it.

Did you end up selling it to that guy in CT?????? Told him he wouldn't go wrong buying your car.:smile:

thanks Stace.. It was not an easy decision.. trust me... But I think I made the right choice..:)
You will still see me around..:)
It was great meeting you and your hubby too last summer!

WOW Frank I had no idea!! Very sad to hear. Hope you'll stick around with the GN croud for a bit. But I do understand your reasoning. It was great to meet you and the family last summer. Your still welcome at my place any time your in town.

Frank,

Stick around on the boards. You made a lot of friends here and we'd hate to see you go. It's always been a pleasure seeing you and your family at the various car shows whether it was at E-Town or the "Pumpkin Run".

I completly understand your decision to get out of the GN. It's sort of the same thing that [/Bprevented] me from getting another one when mine was stolen a few years back.

Best of luck to you on your next purchase and if you stay true to character, it will be a pristine example just like your GN and Plymouth Laser, (yeah I remember that car!).:eek:

Hey Chuck. HOW in the world did you even know I have a Laser?? That was in 89! wow.... Did I even knwo you back then??
It was a racket ship from a punch with all that old school HKS stuff on it tho.. That car could do 160 on the top end..
My new car is BEAUTIFUL.. You know me..:)
Il be around at the pumpkin run and E town.. :)
Im sticking round the boards too:)

Frank
Frank,

Stick around on the boards. You made a lot of friends here and we'd hate to see you go. It's always been a pleasure seeing you and your family at the various car shows whether it was at E-Town or the "Pumpkin Run".

I completly understand your decision to get out of the GN. It's sort of the same thing that [/Bprevented] me from getting another one when mine was stolen a few years back.

Best of luck to you on your next purchase and if you stay true to character, it will be a pristine example just like your GN and Plymouth Laser, (yeah I remember that car!).:eek: