Had to laugh at a eBay listing

chrisaxl87

So I'm looking at a Gn for sale on there Loaded with every option and I get to the end of his ad and he compares his Gns special chip being tuned can beat a Gnx... Mind you it's a stock Gn he also rates it's specs as a Gnx... Pretty funny...... One more thing I forgot to add it was the fact the car was loaded with every option moon roof ect... So that's alot more weight to be comparing your car to the lighter Gnx .

Last edited:
So I'm looking at a Gn for sale on there Loaded with every option and I get to the end of his ad and he compares his Gns special chip being tuned can beat a Gnx... Mind you it's a stock Gn he also rates it's specs as a Gnx... Pretty funny

Whats so funny about that.. with a good tuner and custom burnt chip , I can see a GN running faster than a GNX ... truth be told ... just about every good running stock TTA will also beat a GNX .. ADD just a CHIP to a TTA and it will leave a GNX way behind ...

The same can be said if you did a custom burnt chip for the GNX and compared that to a stock GN or TTA...

Chip and tune is a game changer in these cars.

I'm not talking about a semi tuned car I'm talking about a bone stock car and chip not a modified Gn or the tta either.

I enjoyed reading the same eBay listing last nighr

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If that was the case Buick would of just put a chip in the car and called it a day.....

If that was the case Buick would of just put a chip in the car and called it a day.....

They Couldnt because of warranty , emissions ... you can add 75 hp with just a chip change... thats more than enough to DUST a stock GNX

It may be faster.... but stock it better race from a roll....if not the lack of traction will do it in...

Don't be hating the Gnx it can't help it's So Famous.

I totally Don't hate the GNX .. just sayin .. a stock CHIPPED GN CAN and will beat a totally stock GNX .. all it takes parts wise is a Chip

Everyone makes the GNX out to be the end all be all.. Its a cool car for sure IMHO probably the last muscle car made .. but in reality its just a GN with a few bolt ons..
I don't see all the rage at willing to pony up 50K for a GN with a few bolt ons ... would rather spend a few grand and blow the doors off of one with a GN and spend the other
37K elsewhere.. just me

It may be faster.... but stock it better race from a roll....if not the lack of traction will do it in...

I will put up a stock chipped GN against a stock GNX any day stop light to stop light

That's all I'm saying...Rick clarified it perfect you can have 1000 hp if you can't hook up your goin no where . The Gnx has great hook up ability compared to a stock Gn.

I totally Don't hate the GNX .. just sayin .. a stock CHIPPED GN CAN and will beat a totally stock GNX .. all it takes parts wise is a Chip

Everyone makes the GNX out to be the end all be all.. Its a cool car for sure IMHO probably the last muscle car made .. but in reality its just a GN with a few bolt ons..
I don't see all the rage at willing to pony up 50K for a GN with a few bolt ons ... would rather spend a few grand and blow the doors off of one with a GN and spend the other
37K elsewhere.. just me
WOW !!!! That's a different take on GNX's.$50k would be a cheap one !!!!! A GNX is on my bucket list to obtain,not because it is a rocket ship,because to me it's not.One of my GN's runs 12.00-12.20's @ 112,way faster than a stock GNX.I want one because of what it is and what it represents,and will add,would want one with the same desire if they had made 10,000 of them,actually would be better,they'd be cheaper !!!!LOL.
After now owning a museum piece GN w/ 1,400 miles,where I used to want an X down in the miles,now I don't,I want one with 15k up so I don't feel guilty about driving it,and wouldn't be upset getting a chip in it.
As said,looks like $50k would be a cheap one,as the 2,3,5k mile cars are $75k +/-.I def would not spend $75 up on a car to see it sit and never use it.

WOW !!!! That's a different take on GNX's.$50k would be a cheap one !!!!! A GNX is on my bucket list to obtain,not because it is a rocket ship,because to me it's not.One of my GN's runs 12.00-12.20's @ 112,way faster than a stock GNX.I want one because of what it is and what it represents,and will add,would want one with the same desire if they had made 10,000 of them,actually would be better,they'd be cheaper !!!!LOL.
After now owning a museum piece GN w/ 1,400 miles,where I used to want an X down in the miles,now I don't,I want one with 15k up so I don't feel guilty about driving it,and wouldn't be upset getting a chip in it.
As said,looks like $50k would be a cheap one,as the 2,3,5k mile cars are $75k +/-.I def would not spend $75 up on a car to see it sit and never use it.

That's all I'm saying...Rick clarified it perfect you can have 1000 hp if you can't hook up your goin no where . The Gnx has great hook up ability compared to a stock Gn.

Who says you cant hook it up ! go ahead I will take my 88K mile STOCK chipped GN on new tires.. you take out your 500 mile stock GNX out ... your really gonna hook up on 27 year old gatorbacks ? NO reason a stock Chipped GN won't 60 foot 1.8x's on a radial..

we can discuss this all day .. I will leave you with this .. what was said above .. you can laugh all you want.. a stock chipped GN Can and will beat a totally stock GNX ..
a stock chipped TTA will lay waste to either ...

Who says you cant hook it up ! go ahead I will take my 88K mile STOCK chipped GN on new tires.. you take out your 500 mile stock GNX out ... your really gonna hook up on 27 year old gatorbacks ? NO reason a stock Chipped GN won't 60 foot 1.8x's on a radial..

we can discuss this all day .. I will leave you with this .. what was said above .. you can laugh all you want.. a stock chipped GN Can and will beat a totally stock GNX ..
a stock chipped TTA will lay waste to either ...
You aren't cutting 1.8 60s with new eagle gt radials. And you did say stock so now you too are trying to hook up on ancient shoes.
Face the facts that a GNX with the suspension, better turbo, better intercooler and better exhaust is more than a match for a stock gn with any aftermarket chip.
I venture the driver of each vehicle makes more difference than those other factors.

A stock X being a 13.0-13.30 car, it would be a very close race with both on equal new radial tires.

What would a good chip take the stock GN up to boost wise? 12ibs being stock, would it be 16-17lbs of boost depending on the chip? Would that be enough? I'm pretty sure if you up the boost to 20lbs the GN would win but that is doing more than just changing a chip.

With the GNX suspension it would get a better 60ft so the GN would have to play catch up. Interesting.

You aren't cutting 1.8 60s with new eagle gt radials. And you did say stock so now you too are trying to hook up on ancient shoes.
Face the facts that a GNX with the suspension, better turbo, better intercooler and better exhaust is more than a match for a stock gn with any aftermarket chip.
I venture the driver of each vehicle makes more difference than those other factors.

I am cutting 1.8x on new radial tires... don't say Im not .. ive seen 1.7x on Kelly springfield tires on a stock chipped GN

Sorry a GNX IS NOT all that people make them out to be... like I said a chipped TTA will kick the crap out of one easily...

I've seen 2 totally stock GNX run at 2 different tracks.. neither EVER ran faster than 13.4x @ 103 most runs were in the 13.6 area .. a Chipped GN easily will run that .

Are the GNX kool cars.. for sure.. nobody is taking anything away from the car.. I am just stating.. a chipped GN Can and will beat a totally stock GNX