Had a good night in SD.... Finaly!

King Monza

a.k.a. Mr. Clark
So tonight I went to the RaceLegal.com drags. I have never raced 1/8 mile, or in a parking lot for that matter! I pulled a classic n00b move and forgot my helmet and tools! I was on 100 octane and was planning on turning the boost up to about 20lbs. I had tuned it for that much boost back home but never had a chance to run it so I was really looking forward to seeing what it could do! But again, no 3/8... no boost adjustment. I used my old thumb wheel chip to get a little bit more boost out of it and got a peak boost of about 17lbs. Not bad, just not where i wanted it. (21* of timing) Anyways, I used to always hook with my GT Qualifiers and ran a string of 1.8x 60ft's back home. However, this was about 5,ooo miles ago on a legit PSCA track when i did this... Sadly, the best 60ft of the night was 2.0. Best e.t. 8.9 and best mph was 79.5. Not terrible, but definitely not good... oh well, next time I will go prepared with my tools and some decent tires. Met some of cool people out there too. No other TR's though! Wheres everyone at? There were some decently quick chassis cars, nothing terribly impressive though.

The best part of the night though had to be getting onto Friar's and seeing a Lotus Esprit next to me at the light. I just kind of rolled out not paying attention to him since i knew i would probably get toasted off of the line. At about 20mph though, I got the turbo spooled up, he down shifted and took off. .... and this is why I love boost.... I reeled him in like a trout on my last fishing trip and went right around him! After roughly a 1/4 mile i let out and looked over my shoulder... sure enough, I got a Supper Ricer Fly-By! It was classic! I haven't seen that in a loooong time. Honestly, I didnt even think it happened anymore. Oh well, I guess my 20 year 6 banger can still hold its own when needed.

Good times! Every time I go there, or anywhere else for that matter, there never seems to be any action "after the party" . Oh well.. Glad you enjoyed it. One of these days I'll drag myself out there again.

If you're interested there's the Daltons show in the San Marcos area tomorrow (sunday Aug 4) - firs sunday every month.

http://www.daltonsroadhouse.com/Dalton's_Car%20Shows.htm

I'm gonna try and make it out if I can dig one of the cars out of the garage!;)