HA - Stock Appearing - Custom Turbo

As far as ive tested here at home, anything bigger than the 61 wheel starts to over work, I never seen any big noticable gains in the .42 Ar housings with any larger wheel, and the HA is at the advantage since it has a straight discharge and its dry! (just imagine the losses with that 90* foot, us carb guys have)

IMHO the radius is just too tight to move air any faster through it, and it starts to experiance cavitation as the boost pressure rises. its a simple function of flow to area. no matter what the pressure is thru a straw, its only gonna move what it can. For us carb guys this is a huge spot of concern. I cant say exactly what would happen in your situation as ive never studied the housing dry. But for us, the Air/Fuel mixture has a significant weight to it, which changes how the mixture moves through the housing, the tighter it is the more sheer is induced--- the more sheer, the more drop out, the more drop out, the less total room the housing has to move air. and we end up with a big wet garden hose effect thats garbage.

For you, I just dont see much more being squeezed out of the tiny stock housing. with that size wheel, there just is no room for the wheel to do what it does, move air. I really think time is better spent finding a way to adapt the larger housings for use. And thats the direction us carb guys have taken, theres just nuthing left for the stock housing.

and with that in mind, I used to be very big on the stock appearing stuff, having to look as factory as can be................ but after like 5 or 6 races and street cruises......... nobody knew what the hell it was anyways....... like HA or B4B is like alien technology.. so why stay stock...... nobody you want to beat, bragg, or show up.... will probably know either.

Cheers!

A.j.

P.S. ya know......... any of you fellers can call me at anytime..... I is a bored person.... stimulate my mind.

As far as ive tested here at home, anything bigger than the 61 wheel starts to over work, ..........
P.S. ya know......... any of you fellers can call me at anytime..... I is a bored person.... stimulate my mind.

Thanks A.J.
To me, it is more important to run "THE number" than "A number".
We'll see what it does someday. :rolleyes:

PM me your number.

What I'd like to see is if someone did a extrude hone on the new modified C/T turbos to sww if that improves things any. I'm sure it would increase flow quite a bit on one of them.:)

charlief1 said:
What I'd like to see is if someone did a extrude hone on the new modified C/T turbos to sww if that improves things any. I'm sure it would increase flow quite a bit on one of them.:)

You are still limited by the diffuser. The physical dimension of the housing is inadequate for increased mass flow through use of larger compressors. Time to adapt the e cover stuff and open up the intake.

You are still limited by the diffuser. The physical dimension of the housing is inadequate for increased mass flow through use of larger compressors. Time to adapt the e cover stuff and open up the intake.
Wasn't what I wanted to hear but I understand it at least.:(

I agree with Charlie, the guy in Alabama is really good....so good I need to build my trans hahaha.

I happen to be 20 minutes from the "Mad Scientist" @ WORK. I can agree with AJ on why use stock looking housings. Most people will look under your hood and really cannot tell the difference... (unless they happen to be a HA board member). I have a TE61 that I am going to put on my 4.1 HA.

THANK YOU!:p Im nots soo gooder at the spoke as you is! Thats what I been saying for years that we needed to get away from the stock housing! it just cant do it! when you reach the point of over loading the wheel, it cavitates and adds heat and reduces flow!

I happen to be 20 minutes from the "Mad Scientist" @ WORK. I can agree with AJ on why use stock looking housings. Most people will look under your hood and really cannot tell the difference... (unless they happen to be a HA board member). I have a TE61 that I am going to put on my 4.1 HA.

Are you referring to me? lol........ 20 minutes? seriously?

Do you drink? :D

I get ya, it does make all the difference in the end. Good to see ya again!
Got my digits on the ways.

Did you see the missed call . . . or . . . ?? LOL

You guys are a VERY VERY BAD influence!!! . . . . . Now I see another project on my list . . . . However . . . . at my speed, it just be that . . . . “On a list”.
Would be a very cool test.

Did you see the missed call . . . or . . . ?? LOL

You guys are a VERY VERY BAD influence!!! . . . . . Now I see another project on my list . . . . However . . . . at my speed, it just be that . . . . “On a list”.
Would be a very cool test.

I do apologize! I think I mistakenly took you as a telemarketer, your last two are 26 correct? if so I have your number saved with a pic of Bruce to lemme know who it is!
Sorry JerryL

THANK YOU!:p Im nots soo gooder at the spoke as you is! Thats what I been saying for years that we needed to get away from the stock housing! it just cant do it! when you reach the point of over loading the wheel, it cavitates and adds heat and reduces flow!

Are you referring to me? lol........ 20 minutes? seriously?

Do you drink? :D

I have been known to spike my"KOOLADE". I forgot their are TOO many Mad Scientist on this board (CHARLIE1, AJ, ADAM, JERRYL, BRENT, 6 TO GO, far to many to name):D . I was referring to the "Alabama Mad Scientist" @ WORK.

Haha thanks Chuck! Even chimmed me in on that list. I'LL admit I've gotten away from experimenting a bit but it's only temporary.

I have been known to spike my"KOOLADE". I forgot their are TOO many Mad Scientist on this board (CHARLIE1, AJ, ADAM, JERRYL, BRENT, 6 TO GO, far to many to name):D . I was referring to the "Alabama Mad Scientist" @ WORK.

LMAO! mang you had my hopes up! I was already figuring I had an excuse to get smashed.

I do apologize! I think I mistakenly took you as a telemarketer, your last two are 26 correct? if so I have your number saved with a pic of Bruce to lemme know who it is!
Sorry JerryL
No need to be sorry . . . . no sweat man. Yes, 3626 is the number.
I can only imagine what would happen if we all put or heads together . . . . . .

No need to be sorry . . . . no sweat man. Yes, 3626 is the number.
I can only imagine what would happen if we all put or heads together . . . . . .
Just imagine if Aj and I were in the same city.:confused: Now throw in the rest of us and we'd be pissing a bunch of guys off just driving down the road.:D

Just imagine if Aj and I were in the same city.:confused: Now throw in the rest of us and we'd be pissing a bunch of guys off just driving down the road.:D
If HA forum were all in the same state.... NO ONE would be safe be from those wierd combos.... As my grandfather used to say, " A Azz woppin is a Azz woppin.. no matter who gives it..." But a HOT AIR azz woppin is special....:D:p:eek: