Gun experts please chime in....

NUTS4LC2

Hi guys, can someone id the rifle in the hands of this officer please. Is it available to the general public?Newbie to guns so please bear with me. Thanx.

1e7c8a4f-f2a8-468a-b6a4-7fa33999b985_AP776582402158.jpg

I'm only guessing but it kinda looks like an MK-18 or an M4A1....
(the rear of it looks like an M4 and the RIS looks like the 18)
I'm thinking it's one of the MK-18 styles.
:cool:

Last edited:
It's Ana r-15 most likely a colt or m&p thats the norm, my dept got us bush masters

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

It's an M4 variant of the AR-15 used for MOUT situations. Legal where I live, and can be bought in semi or full auto.

Yeah nj sucks! semi for us patrol guys, swat is another story
As long as you pass all the checks a civilian can own just about anything they can afford in Texas.:woot: As long as you have a secure location that no one can easily break into, you can even own a cannon with ATF approval.:smug: Of course, you have to be a legal Texas resident.:finger::D

Looks like a regular AR-15 with Magpul mag, quad rail up front with a light mounted, vertical fore grip and holographic red dot sight. Anyone can build one (unless you live in one of THOSE states) but this might be a full auto.

That one looks to have a 14.5" barrel. Standard length is 16 ". Feds frown upon civilians having a barrel on a rifle shorter than 16". Here in TN you can get a nice AR at Walmart..they carry Colt, Sig Saur, and other manufacturers. Civilians can own full auto stuff too, just costs more for the extra federal taxes ($200 tax stamp). More paperwork, takes a few months to get cleared by the feds, too. The rifle in that pic has a carbine gas system. You can get what they call a mid length gas system which generates less recoil. Mid length systems have a longer quadrail due to the gas tube inside the quadrail being longer. M4 carbine setup is standard. I like the mid length system myself.:)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last edited:
A little late, but I'd say Colt M4 carbine. 14.5 1/7 twist govt. profile barrel, factory stock, matech buis (rear sight), KAC quad rail and vertical fore grip, EO Tech Holographic sight (short battery box so I'd say he's running CR123's), Surefire M95 weapon light. The flash suppressor is a little hard to make out, but you can see it has the 51T (51 teeth) suppressor mount setup.

Carried an almost identical setup downrange.