Guess what!

mr_85regal

Lead foot and a slow car
Im goin to begin my 231buildup soon. i found someone w/ a 252 that the motor is goin and hes partin it out...im getttin everyting frm intake manifold on up to the aircleaner. the only problem i that the intake manifold gasket on the motor blew. would that hurt the carb and intake in anyway? im gettin some pics soon and ima find out if the miles on the motor....he says it runs smooth but since the gaset is blown and so is the solonoid on the starter.... hes puttin a buick 350 in it.

Intake or head gaskets? Either way, the intake/carb will be fine.

You might want to grab the 4.1's ECM as well. Maybe somebody else can chime in about which ECM they used when they did this swap.

its the intake gasket that blew....so i might have to change computers too? how hard is this swap?how much would a 4.1 comp be from a pick and pull.... anyone have a extra they would like to be nice a let me have for the swap? I dont have a job and hardly any money so thats my biggest prob. i know this swap will prob. take a day at the most and am i gunna pick up power that wll be worth it? And can someone list the things i will need to get and have to do this?

Originally posted by mr_85regal
how much would a 4.1 comp be from a pick and pull.... anyone have a extra they would like to be nice a let me have for the swap

Maybe the guy your getting the intake from will be nice & throw in the ecm & other odds & ends you'll need.

well i told the kid just to unbolt the intake from the moto and leave everything uptop so i know everything will be there. how hard is it to pull the computer? and is it unplug his and plug it to mine or what? im lost now...i thought i knew what needed to be done.

Are you wanting to keep the comp. controls?:confused:
You might just ask him to throw in the dist. & all elect. controls (inc. ecm) attached to it. It's good to have spare parts;)

Rich.... its from that guy stratocaster in the yahoo club.... i talked him into the ECM and i dont think i could get the other parts from him w/o payin more $, which i dont have.....nw what gasket do i use when i do this swap? the 4.1 or 3.8? but would the computer just unplug and the other one plugin?