Gt47?

Twin Turbo T

Is any one running a GT4780 or 4788?:confused: How do they spool, compared to a PT88? Which AR. housing? Time,boost? Any info would be helpful? Thanks

Is any one running a GT4780 or 4788?:confused: How do they spool, compared to a PT88? Which AR. housing? Time,boost? Any info would be helpful? Thanks

Talk to Ted A., he should be able to give you some good information.

We can now build the GT47 on a T4 flange as well so it will spool very similar to the PT88. The PT88 is a good bit smaller and uses the older 7 blade TV series comp wheel. It doesn't quite flow what the GT47 can, but its still a nice piece. A GT47 with a T4 or the T6 flange is still a solid 8 sec turbo at weight. How fast are you looking to go?

We can now build the GT47 on a T4 flange as well so it will spool very similar to the PT88. The PT88 is a good bit smaller and uses the older 7 blade TV series comp wheel. It doesn't quite flow what the GT47 can, but its still a nice piece. A GT47 with a T4 or the T6 flange is still a solid 8 sec turbo at weight. How fast are you looking to go?

I know this. looking for more "hand on" info, guys that are running this turbo.

We are running the GT 47. So far I am very impressed with the power it makes. A lot of variables come into play at this level so it is crucial the whole combo is right to get the most out of it. It takes a good bit of tweaking the fuel tables and spark tables to get it spooled up somewhat fast. Right now I can go from just under 0 psi to 9 psi in about 2.3 seconds and that was at Oceola and it was pretty hot and humid and my tune was still a little fat on spoolup.

I asume this is an 88 compressor wheel, and #160 inj. ? Do you think that it spools faster than a PT88? I was just wondering about the stall on the convertor. Thanks, Ted A.:) good info.

could a gt42/76 and a 47/80 be swapped out without plumbing changes? mines a hybrid and the pipes will have to be custom.

could a gt42/76 and a 47/80 be swapped out without plumbing changes? mines a hybrid and the pipes will have to be custom.

If you want to go bigger and stick with the same plumbing in a GT42 frame, then the GT45F-78 is the biggest you can go. It has the larger 87mm turbine wheel, 78mm compressor wheel combination. Its a LDP turbine wheel as well and 11 blade design versus the 12 blade design of the GT45-DBB.

Hello Everyone. I just wanted to take a moment and let everyone know that we have been offering that turbocharger for a few years now. You can get a 78mm version (GT4578R) or there is one version that is slightly larger (GT4508R) that features an 80mm compressor wheel. Either version is available with a GT42 compressor cover (versus the larger GT47 compressor cover) and features a T4 exhaust housing. I believe we have a few customers that have run those turbos that post regularly on the board.

Regards,

Pete @ Precision Turbo

PTE Pete, I think the turbo that Jose is talking about GT45Fis a journal-bearing turbo. Does Precision offer a non-ballbearing GT45?