Grundy Insurance..some interesting reading

Anyone have them?? Did a quote on mine based on 25k value and 300k liabiltiy and was $383 a year! I am with Hagerty now and pay that much for 18k value, $1000 deductible and NO glass coverage, had to do a windshield last year out of my pocket. Hmmmm, might be changing come June when my policy expires.

Nice!

Didn't realise they had towing coverage.
Hopefully I'll never need it, but good to know with memories from G-bodys of the past when the tow truck driver and I were on a first name basis..

Anyone have them?? Did a quote on mine based on 25k value and 300k liabiltiy and was $383 a year! I am with Hagerty now and pay that much for 18k value, $1000 deductible and NO glass coverage, had to do a windshield last year out of my pocket. Hmmmm, might be changing come June when my policy expires.

I have them on my 87 T. Covered for 19k with 300k liability for $290 a year:smile:

Called Grundy

After talking to USAA about my policy, I just don't have the confidence that they would do justice to the value of the car in case of a problem.

With the rebuilt engine, new turbo, redone wheels, the total value (money spent) is getting up there. I had an appraisal done last year that came in at 25K. I admit that is a bit high, but that should be a good thing.

It does look like they are the least restrictive of the bunch.

After all, the whole reason to have one of these cars is to enjoy it on the road, not just carefully wipe the dust off it every weekend while it sits in the garage.

lov'em , got $30k of coverage with a $500 dollar deductable for $430 a year very competitive but what really sold me was the no mileage limit. I believe you get a discount if you have lo-jack also, i know they gave me a discount i just had to fax and then send them a copy of my lo-jack papers. I will double check, just to make sure.

I have American Collectors. $500 and change yearly for 2 TR's "agreed value" $20k each. 2500 mile limit. No glass coverage that I know of. Locked garage is a requirement.

Might need to check into Grundy's

After talking to USAA about my policy, I just don't have the confidence that they would do justice to the value of the car in case of a problem.

With the rebuilt engine, new turbo, redone wheels, the total value (money spent) is getting up there. I had an appraisal done last year that came in at 25K. I admit that is a bit high, but that should be a good thing.

It does look like they are the least restrictive of the bunch.

After all, the whole reason to have one of these cars is to enjoy it on the road, not just carefully wipe the dust off it every weekend while it sits in the garage.

DO NOT use USAA - they tried to offer me less than 2 grand when my first T was totalled. Took he over six months of haggling with them to get $11.5K out of them.

I gave Grundys now. About $290 for 18K of coverage.

Rob

lov'em , got $30k of coverage with a $500 dollar deductable for $430 a year very competitive but what really sold me was the no mileage limit. I believe you get a discount if you have lo-jack also, i know they gave me a discount i just had to fax and then send them a copy of my lo-jack papers. I will double check, just to make sure.

Is Lojack popular in S. FL? Or should I ask are the P.D.'s equiped with Lojack tracking units in ur area? We have Lojack up here in CT but few P.D.'s have them in their cars. Popular in NY tho.

I just dropped Grundy.

Went with State Farm and got way more coverage with 'value' and 300/300 PIP and Liability instead of 25/50 I had with Grundy. Only a little more $. Plus I could put these cars under my Umbrella policy.

Check your policy and make sure it isn't 10/20. 20/50 is only a little better. 100/300 and 300/300 is more realistic in this sue happy world.

CYA. ;)

Anybody have AAA Classic Car insurance? I'm looking into them now. Don't like the 2500 yr mile limit though. Grundy sounds good. I'm going to check into them. Thanks for the info.......

Ken

I just dropped Grundy.

Went with State Farm and got way more coverage with 'value' and 300/300 PIP and Liability instead of 25/50 I had with Grundy. Only a little more $. Plus I could put these cars under my Umbrella policy.

Check your policy and make sure it isn't 10/20. 20/50 is only a little better. 100/300 and 300/300 is more realistic in this sue happy world.

CYA. ;)

I went back and forth with my State Farm agent about whether or not their classic car policies were "agreed" or "stated". She couldn't give me a definite answer and the policy wording was vague so I went with Grundy...

State Farm is stated I believe. I just moved my Buick from them because basically underwriting all but admitted that if I had a total loss, they wouldn't pay the stated value even though it's backed up by an appraisal. Also, since I built a GNX clone, they all but admitted they wouln't cover what didn't actually come on the car.

Just an FYI, Hagerty will match your daily driver coverages with no problem. 300/300 is very easy to get. In fact, you have to get to 1MM before they start asking heavy questions. And even then, coverage that strong is still available.

My hagerty policy expires pretty soon. I have been thinking about switching to Grundy lately as it would save me a few hundred a year. Thanks for the link!

Sounds good. May Haggerty policy expires in a month. They still will not classify my 87 WE4 with a 25 year old car rate. They charge an "exotic" rate for it. The rate for my GSX is 1/3 the cost per/thousand dollars less compared to the Regal. I called them directly and they said they still get a lot of claims for cars "newer" than 1986, so the rate remains high with them for 87's and newer.

Be very careful with State Farm, I was with them for 7 years and then my GN was stolen and they never paid. They never pay anyone. When I researched this and I tried hiring a lawyer, none would go up against them........Good Luck

Underrwrote the Regal with Grundy last year.

Hagerty over Grundy for me as Hagerty will actually let you use your car much more realistically. Heaven forbid you get into a fender bender when stopping for milk at your grocery store with Grundy while returning from a cruise or show! :mad: This is on my 70 Buick and not my Turbo Regal though...