Grand National Aerocoupe!

Nah...Next Idea....:biggrin:

Here ya go.

I am having my 87 GN wrapped in flat black. Let the bashing begin.

I am not a fan of the fact that the roll weighs in at 46 pounds though. Professsional install with their logo done is gloss.

I think it looks just as bad as the Pontiacs, and the Chevys did.. Maybe worse.

That being said.. Go for it, its your car, do what you want. Screw what everyone else thinks.

Anyone can restore a car, it takes a real man to cut one up ;)

Go for it...

I like it & say go for it. If it's not a low mileage, original GN show car cut it up. You will certainly have a 1 of a kind GN that will stand out from the others. :)

Wow. It sure does look like it could mount up flush with the back window opening. I kinda like it. The MC's Angled Aero glass seems to flow with the angles lines of the Buick. Defenitely different. Put some GN rims/tires on that and fool people into it being a prototype GN (remember the proto KAMM Back versions of the F-Body GTA (definitely different). I would up another notch and reinforce the sides and rear of the window bottom/rear trunk mating areas, loose that Aero interior package tray (use it as a template), have it an open rear compartment area, using probably modified trim from the wagons, with rear seat recline (like the 64-69 Barracuda fastbacks). Hows that for ideas? :D Totally custom while using mostly Factory option equipment.

well it seem like theres an aero coupe GN from those pics or just hell of editing from what I see if there were ever built by Buick I would never own my Buick just out of disgust ! LOL if you do it I be won't mind donating for your therapy !

Here's the last of the pictures I'm going to take.

Aero87GN.jpg

get out the plasma cutter and post pics when its done.Looks cool. Just remember there is no turning back.good luck

Do it and if you don’t like it un do it

It’s only metal and as you know anything can be undone

Didn’t you undo T-Tops on another car.

Just remember there is no turning back.good luck

Undoing the Aero window would be much more simple than to replace a rear quarter panel. The Monte Carlo's rear trunk wasn't cut up like you would think to get that aero package to fit. Just about 8" x 3/4" of the trunk's original rubber seal edge on both sides were cut out to make room for the package shelf tray to sit flat on the sides of the quarter panel...that's all! Everything else up underneath near the shelf was completely stock. Fabricating a shortened GN trunk to mate with the rubber trunk seal will be the hardest thing...I think.

You've got some great looking cars and good taste in your mods. I say go for it! It will grow on people in time.

Wow! Do you have a thread for your T-top modification?

Not wanting to rid mine, I just wonder how much rust is underneath my T-tops on my SS.

Thanks