Grand National Aerocoupe!

I always thought the monte aero was pretty ugly. I'd probably have the same opinion about a GN aero.

just do it !!! then post pics and watch some cry :p its only a car to do whatever YOU want to do to it :cool:

i would convert the rear glass to the aerocoupe then i would swap out the front clip to a 88 cutlass front clip with the halogen headlights and then go find a grand prix dash and console so you could have full instrumentation.

that way it would be a Hybrid of all the good things that the other g-body's have all in one package.

you could call it the oldsmobuickpochobowtie!

"I actually, kind of like it" :D

I like "one of a kind", trying to be different. :biggrin:

I guess that's why I am putting a GNX drivetrain in a Century Turbo Coupe. :cool:

I would do it. But I wouldn't use the Chevy parts. There are two Aerocoupes. The Monte and the GrandPix 2+2. They both use different parts. The Pontiac looks more like a bubble than the MCs squared off edges. If you used the Chevy parts it would look like some hack took the easy way out and hung the MC parts on a Regal. And I wouldn't use the GP2+2 parts either. It would have to be something totally Buick in design and nature. Hmmm? The cleanest looking Buick from the Square Headlamp Era would have to be the Reatta.

Many years ago I penned a drawing of my interpetation of a Buick F-Body. It more or less was a 3rd Gen Camarobird with the Buick waterfall grille and the one piece Buick style taillamp. Kind of like a Regal with no quarter glass and a hatchback. If I had JayLeno money or won the lottery, that's the car I would build today.

Anybody remember the 77-79 Caprice/Impala coupe with the same Aerocoupe style window? Anybody remember the 71-73 Riviera boattail? There's some ideas for you.

Give me your Malibu then i will approve that idea. Until the Malibu is mine phuck that idea. And phuck it again!

That, sir, is one UGLY car! As far as I'm concerned all the Monte Carlo aero coupes and all the Pontiac Grand Prix 2+2's can be crushed. They were indeed the ugliest cars of the '80s. I think the damn K-cars are better looking.

So, in the original picture did the guy accidentally put his skinnies on the rear?

Jim

Hehehe.....No.:eek: I stole the 15x8 rear rims off this car for my Malibu and all I had to replace them with was 15x7 with a 4" backspace. These used to be used for slicks only and now with regular tires it looks like chit.:rolleyes:

AeroGN1.jpg

ONE OF A KIND!! neet looking I dont like to critisize anyone for what they like because some one else will see it and copy it.

Please don't do it...you live to close and I might see you driving around one day....and then throw up in my own car. It would make such a mess, i would like to avoid this situation:redface: :tongue:

Do it an put some Huge white #3's on the doors.

If you do make it an Aerocoupe, you will instantly triple the number of people that will want to race you.

Please don't do it...you live to close and I might see you driving around one day....and then throw up in my own car. It would make such a mess, i would like to avoid this situation:redface: :tongue:

You'll just fall in love with it and want to add it to your collection.:D