Grand National Aerocoupe!

I'm sure you have your bases covered but I didn't see the seal which is big bucks! Also what about the 2 side fillers? Is that an 87 glass I'm hoping & not an 86:eek:
I like aero's I have 3 of them but I have more Buicks. I wouldn't combine them that is just me.
I had a customer in CA. back in 05 that was suppose to do the same thing. Never saw it so I guess he didn't.

It's an 87 Aero. I bought one back in 1990 so I'm not new to them. I do have everything that was part of the Aero package...just not pictured. I have everything that's on this picture except for the spoiler and the trunk shocks. The best part about it was the total package cost me less than $75...for the ENTIRE THING!

Do it! It's a hobby and if it looks good in your eyes and you like it when you drive it do it up! I always had a love hate thing with aerocoupe's so I'm sure once it's done it will grow on some :) Just don't do the dubs that will kill it for sure!

We already have a ragtop GN floating around out there so why not an aerocoupe! I think this one is way deeper to do then an aerocoupe that's for sure! :D

Bowling+Green5-18-07+034.JPG

Bowling+Green5-18-07+033.JPG

since you asked,*** NO, sorry it would hender the the mean look the gn has,
i would get a monte carlo and make it an aero but not a buick, keep in mind once you cut that car's body, your pretty much going to be stuck with her, which is o.k. if you plan on keeping it but the day you ever decide to sell her
it's definetly going to depreciate in value to a gn buyer. alot of guys here say "yeah do it " but i'm pretty sure none of them would be willing to cut-up their gn. it's your car and if it makes you happy, but think about it, it would definetly hurt the resale value. and yes i have heard of i'll never sell it, i said that once but sold mine before i left for the army. again , no

I replaced the first picture in the original post with one taken in the morning. Dew is on the car so that's why it looks dull and of course the Aero window is just sitting up there and not properly attached....YET.:D :p

Is that an 87 glass I'm hoping & not an 86

Did Chevy make any red interior Aeros in 86?:confused: All I remember is that all 200 of them were white. I was pissed because I couldn't buy one because all 200 of them were sold out of the Jacksonville zone and if I wanted one I would have had to make a road trip down to Jax to get it. I've seen at least 5 86 Aerocoupes down here. Every one of them trashed out. I'm sure there is some idiot who has a mint no miler stashed away somewhere. I should tell you about the 5K 1987 442 sitting in my neighborhood that went for $15K on eBay.

BTW if you did use the 86 parts than it would be the B5T RPO code. Z16 was 87 only.

Now that I think back Buick beat Chevy and Pontiac to the punch as far as the Areocoupe goes. Anybody remember the 78-80 Century Turbo Coupe and Century Sport Coupe with the hatchback?

How about a Aerocoupe Convertible? I'm thinking a folding hardtop and glass that retracts into the trunk.:p

You'll just fall in love with it and want to add it to your collection.:D

HAHAAHA!!! maybe we can actually meet at the Octoberfest planned on here...just promise you won't bring frankenstein...and I won't try to buy it!!:D

Geoff

Aerocoupe was the ugliest then, and it still is now, the best thing about is that it wasnt a TR...lets not change that.

Anyone care to donate a 1987 non Turbo Regal body with clear title to SAVE a GENUINE GN? I have almost everything I need to make a clone except a good Regal body!:D :p :p

Maybe I'll just glue the window to the GN's trunk lid just to make it look like a Aero. I'll just loose the trunk...that's all...completely reversable too!