Gotta laugh at this one!

Okay, but you have to comprehend the mentallity.

My son is 15 and knows way more about engine combinations and suspension and getting a car to hook and real honest perfomance numbers and track times than I did at his age (he has listened to me and many others on this board and the Buick V8 board talk shop for years). We'll sit in the stands and watch cars at the track and he will call it within a few tenths and a few mph even cars in the 8's. He knows what he is talking about and the horsepower numbers needed to get those times and mph. I've had friends be amazed at how much he has retained. Even Rich Lassiter complimented him one day on his ability to relate auto shop talk.

He tells me about kids a school who try to talk cars and come up with numbers that are completely unrealistic and rediculous. Those kids actually believe the stuff in movies like the fast and furious is real. I mean there are those that believe professional wrestling is real so why does it surprise us to see that kind of nonsense being taken as gospel. They talk about their dad's car being able to pull the front wheels off the ground on the street or a 6 second 1/4 mile daily driver mustang on street tires and pump gas. C'mon you couldn't hit 6 seconds in the 1/8 on street tires and pump gas. But that's their story and they're sticking to it. And of course there's the showroom stock twin turbo optioned GN out there that I never get to see either but a salesman at the local motorcyle shop where he goes to play in the showroom at tells him about.

He just says yea, yea, yea... He's learned not to dispute them anymore. They won't be confused with facts so there's no point in even trying.

Mikey

Okay, I mean there are those that believe professional wrestling is real y

What are you saying? Wait, no.... and all this time, I thought it was. Next you're going to tell me santa isn't real either.

Okay, but you have to comprehend the mentallity.

My son is 15 and knows way more about engine combinations and suspension and getting a car to hook and real honest perfomance numbers and track times than I did at his age (he has listened to me and many others on this board and the Buick V8 board talk shop for years). We'll sit in the stands and watch cars at the track and he will call it within a few tenths and a few mph even cars in the 8's. He knows what he is talking about and the horsepower numbers needed to get those times and mph. I've had friends be amazed at how much he has retained. Even Rich Lassiter complimented him one day on his ability to relate auto shop talk.

He tells me about kids a school who try to talk cars and come up with numbers that are completely unrealistic and rediculous. Those kids actually believe the stuff in movies like the fast and furious is real. I mean there are those that believe professional wrestling is real so why does it surprise us to see that kind of nonsense being taken as gospel. They talk about their dad's car being able to pull the front wheels off the ground on the street or a 6 second 1/4 mile daily driver mustang on street tires and pump gas. C'mon you couldn't hit 6 seconds in the 1/8 on street tires and pump gas. But that's their story and they're sticking to it. And of course there's the showroom stock twin turbo optioned GN out there that I never get to see either but a salesman at the local motorcyle shop where he goes to play in the showroom at tells him about.

He just says yea, yea, yea... He's learned not to dispute them anymore. They won't be confused with facts so there's no point in even trying.

Mikey

Bless that child your a lucky man!

A.j.