got the te-44 installed, got a question

flyc2a

I got my te-44 installed and ran it without my new injectors and fuel press regulator, i plan to install those tommorow. I ran 19lbs on my thrasher street chip with 0 KR. The car pulled harder and i was impressed. How much boost can i run on my stock fuel pump? When will i know its too much for the pump? I will have the injectors and adj. reg on the car tommorow and was thinking of turning up the boost. Any advice would be great. How do u know the pump is maxed out? I heard of guys going mid 12's on stock pump, can i go faster than that?

mid 12's was the limit approx. And as the years go by.. it gets more ellusive. Your pump is now going on 15 years old.

You should of spent money on a pump vs anything else. If you lean it out becuase of fuel starve.. you can/will hurt the motor.

Fastest stock pump TTA i know of was mid 11's 10 years ago. Mine at 12.4's would start dropping pressure.

Get good gas, up the boost, 12's are way easy.

"can I go faster then that" Why would you even take the chance? for 100 bucks and a couple of hours of work i'd sure up the weak link. One way is to have a braided hose with the fuel press. guage attached off the fuel rail and sticking out from under the hood.
Take it slow, no need to rush, you'll be running 11's by the end of summer :D :D

You can go real fast when its lean for a little while.
then BOOM
I would do nothing before the fuel pump and hot wire kit.
I have gone 24 psi on pump gas and a thrasher by accident.I have mine set @ 20 for the street but every car is differant.Most wont go much past 18-19 psi

fly,

With my pte-44, redstripes, stock fuel pump and hotwire kit, i was running 12.2's, that was with over 100k on the clock. I know it sounds stupid but I just didn't have the time to change the pump.... Everyone says the pump is so hard to change, its really not, it took me about 6 hours to change the pump, and I swapped in a new rear end and changed all the bushings to poly bushings while I was at it.

If your gonna run high boost on that stock pump, u better be watching your scan tools closely.

Oh yeah- that 44 will start to pull strong after 25 psi... after the pump save up and get a alky kit from Razor.

I need to get your kit this year Razor, my SMC just can't push it anymore into the mid 11's.

~Murt

who sells the 340 walbro for a decent price? Do i need the hotwire kit with it? I think everyone made their point about the fuel pump. I just hate to change it, it sounds like a pain in the butt. Is there a difference in a walbro for a turbo buick then a turbo trans am??

Murt your rite on. I too had the same issue.

Walbro is same on the TTA and GN. Hotwire kit is really optional, but while your there.. might as well.

Best price.. start checking with the vendors see if any have a special.

Only bad thing about doing the FP is the panard bar an frame brace has to come off. Sometimes those bolts get rusty and break off. And count on replacing the sway bar end links. Those will also break... typically.

Lastly, the hot wire kit is different on the TTA than GN.

The fuel pump is made by Walbro rite?

Its model is the 340....

So the only question is hows the quality of the hot wire kit, since this is just wire, a relay, and a fuse holder. I never heard of any complaints, so the quality must be good.

I wont get into this vendor vs that vendor on the board. Thats not our job. And all the vendors that advertise on the board have a good rep on delivery of product.

HTH

Originally posted by Razor
The fuel pump is made by Walbro rite?

Its model is the 340....

So the only question is hows the quality of the hot wire kit, since this is just wire, a relay, and a fuse holder. I never heard of any complaints, so the quality must be good.

I wont get into this vendor vs that vendor on the board. Thats not our job. And all the vendors that advertise on the board have a good rep on delivery of product.

HTH

Racetronix has the best quality and most comprehensive HW systems on the market.

http://www.racetronix.com/Racetronix-TTA_Pump_Kit.html